I’m new here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I completed my tiny house on wheels/travel trailer, got rid of most of my stuff, sold my house, and set off to live on the road...
And ten miles from my house, had a grey-out (like a black-out), went off the road into a hedge, totaled the old van and scrambled the trailer!
My kids rescued me, helped repair the trailer, and towed me to North Carolina, where I now camp in my house in my daughter’s back yard. And now I’m looking for a Prius so I can once again hit the road.

Hi Carol. Sorry for your set back. I’m sure you’ll soon be back on the road.

Hi Carol... wow, what a terrible thing you went through! I'm so glad your children were there to help you out! I hope your Prius strategy works for you to get back to traveling. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Carol! Good to see that you kept your vagabond spirit. Hope you get back on the road soon!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Carol and welcome. Best of luck with everything.

Sorry to hear about your false start. It is so good you had help getting things together. If you decide to go with a Prius, you will be in great company. Those vehicles are like their own generator. No need for solar!

Happy and safe travels!

Glad that you and the trailer were repairable :)

I am not sure what a grey out is. Is it safe for you to drive now? You got lucky with the hedge. It could have been an oncoming truck. The Prius would not be good for that sort of thing. No vehicle would be really. The person in the truck might have a bad day of it as well.
Someone once told me that when they die, they want to go peacefully in their sleep like their Grandfather did, and not like the screaming passengers that were in the back seat of his car.

I called it a “gray out” because everything would get a little foggy for a few seconds. Nobody was injured in this little accident, and the minor heart thing (tachycardia) that caused it has been corrected. Yahoo! I am free to go travel. I do like where I am living, and will keep it as my base.

Latest posts