Humor

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.php

Scott7022 said:
"As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." WKRP In Cincinnati

Here in Missouri we have giant wild turkys that can fly.  They are as dangerous as deer on these back roads.

Flying Turkeys here in Maine too!
(Maybe it's just in M states ?)

In that particular episode of WKRP in Cincinnatti, they dropped live, farm raised, Thanksgiving turkeys from a helicopter as a publicity stunt over a shopping mall from 500 feet. 

Unlike wild turkeys, domesticated turkeys can't fly and they plunged to their deaths, smashing car windshields in the parking lot, etc.

Possibly, but I think all wild turkeys can still fly (they did in Wisconsin; but I lived close to Minnesota so they could have been directionally confused --- NONE of them are the smartest animals)

I think all wild turkeys can still fly (they did in Wisconsin; but I lived close to Minnesota so they could have been directionally confused --- NONE of them are the smartest animals)

Lots of turkeys all over the woods here in New England, saw a big family yesterday walking across the lawns of a large corporate campus.

They can fly away from predators, roost in the trees, but don't seem travel that way or do it for fun.

Wild turkeys can fly, but not well.  It is fun to watch (and listen) to them coming out of the trees in the morning  :D

-- Spiff

It was just a funny bit of TV I remembered.

As for wild, domestic or space turkeys I don't think they are the brightest of foul. I was told if you didn't put domestic food grade turkeys in the barn during a rainstorm they would drown looking up to see what is tapping them on the head.

I know people like that so figure it is probably true for turkeys as well. Never tested the theory as I try not to stay too close to stupid and I like animals.

Wild turkeys do fly and fly very well. I have seen them fly through the woods at a very fast speed all the while managing to avoid trees and branches. Ive also seen them at least fortyfoot or more up in trees.

If you think they are stupid go hunt them. Stupid they are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammalu said:
Wild turkeys do fly and fly very well.  I have seen them fly through the woods at a very fast speed all the while managing to avoid trees and branches.  Ive also seen them at least fortyfoot or more up in trees.  

If you think they are stupid go hunt them. Stupid they are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly right. .. I used to see them a lot when I'd go hiking when it was NOT hunting season.   They go elsewhere when it is hunting season. 

A lot of work for a comparatively small amount of meat. And yes, wild turkeys can fly. 

Pat

yikes, that's been that way for awhile. I wonder where the axle is? looks like that has been missing for awhile too. highdesertranger

I've been threatening to start carrying posterboard, tape/rope, and a black marker because I often see a need for some
"instant signage" around my area.   Makes me wonder what caused the need for that one :D

Jewellann

My guess (as a former convenience store manager/supervisor) is that's the entrance/exit to the cooler for stocking so employees have been seen going in/out and a few customers have tried it thinking they could get outside with shoplifted goods without passing the clerk/security.