How do I live in a 5th wheel permanently in an rv/mobile home park.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ORANGE

Reaction score
color=#333333]-   Bethanne1976 wrote  I am getting ready to leave the rent rat race and buy a fifth wheel rv and put it in a year round rv park that is considered a mobile home park by law[/color]

Wait, I can do this?  :huh:  This is news to me. Id like more information about this in Tennessee if you wouldnt mind making a new thread all about this way of living in particular :thumbsup: .  I am living in NE TN and this seems a great solution for me. :heart:  Or please PM me so I can learn.

Not knowing how much traveling I could do.  If it can be done for under 300 a month that would be my main interest.  Otherwise I think it can get expensive if an owner sells and ya gotta move and cant find anything that cheap again.  

Thank you

Take a look at the Escapee's park at Raccoon Valley in Tenn. (865-927-9778). It is $350 a month plus electricity if you join Escapees which is less than $40 a year. At many of the parks you can purchase long term leases that allow you to get back most of what you put in when you leave. Lots of helpful information and people there.

Wonderful Bullfrog. That is just the info I needed.

Since Id still have to buy a 5th wheel. It would be better for me to get a cheap apartment instead under 400.

One thing, that matters to me, is with an apartment you could have people above and below and adjacent with thin walls, ceiling, and floors.

A RV will be separated by airspace from neighbors on either side. The utilities hook ups preclude packing RV closely together.

An apartment is maintained by someone else.
You will be responsible for maintenance of your RV.

Latest posts