Hot Showers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crofter said:
 or do you leave it set up? I like your shower curtain idea.
-crofter
I pour into my slop bucket and yes I too water the cactus, I dont pour the water on the surface of the  plant. I  use friendly shampoo, I dont even bother with soap, I let the shampoo drain down all over.  I let the pan dry out and then fold it away every use, which is every night. I like showering before I go to bed, thats why I couldn't do the noon shower thing when its still warm or drive to a truck stop.   Curtain track,,,,, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q7VSVB...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Attachments

• aaacurtain.jpg
    aaacurtain.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 3
  • aaacurtain track.jpg
    aaacurtain track.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 5
  • dog bath.jpg
    dog bath.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 5
crofter said:
Where have you found a sauna on the road???? :huh:

It is one of the things I miss being on the road.  Some towns with Community Centers that have indoor swimming pools also have saunas and will let non-residents use them for a fee.

I have tried a portable sweat lodge idea, but not worth the effort for me.

Gym is also my go to for hot baths but since last year, not all gyms are open so lucky me if I find one which I'm a member of. The only solution for hot bath or hot dip is if I pass on an open spa.

I do sponge baths. For my hair I use my sun shower which I fill and then put on my dashboard. The temp gauge on the shower has shown it at 110 degrees. I hang the shower from the handle by my door and wash my hair. Heavenly hot water!

"You can take a shower in an Oregon State Park for $2, whether you are camped there or not."

State parks no longer have showers in operation and with OR strict restrictions I doubt they will anytime soon. Got the same information from three different parks and the rangers there.

I just watched a video that stated there was an RV Park in Ajo that offered 50 cent showers to boondockers. They didn’t say which one. Organ Pipe National Monument has solar showers in their campground as well.