HONEY ... renovation thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FInally have the last cabinet ready to go in....time for the wiring to get done.

So, I put all the wiring for the contactors on one board...wired all of it first...

photo.JPG

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 29
The mechanic allowed me to take the key for the secure yard so I could work on the RV over the weekend.

So, now the new doors for the access to water and fuse panel are in....

IMG_0885.JPG

The pegboard over the sofa/bed is in, and I used maps for wallpaper on the wall which the control displays will be mounted...

IMG_0884.JPG

All the cab doors are on...(except the top,of the desk)

IMG_0882.JPG

Getting close to done.   The back steps need to be installed, the two aluminum boxes underneath need to be installed.    Final on the electric, and the cabinet in the rear needs to get finish frame and doors.   

IMG_0887.JPG

So close now!

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Sure looks well made. I am a fan of labeling stuff in your electronics area. What's the purpose of the wooden panel behind the kitchen sink?

That is actually a door....

Access to the shutoff valves for the water system...cut over valve if I ever have water supply from an RV park... and valve tomopen/close water to the solar hot water on the roof....

This is what is behind it.....

IMG_0669.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
It looks Great ! You have done a fine job !

i would mess it up... a darker band down low where the road splash hits, and another, probably medium brown along the sides at some level to match with the fender ridges... then sku blue, green, brown, and a pink in a four color digital camo pattern to break edges of corners, applied to perhaps the top quarter~ to blend the outline when out boondocking. :)
wheels

Hi Kat, I think it looks great you did some very nice work there!

~Sherry

Finally got the RV back... running great!   

Finished the outdoor table.    Tomorrow she goes for her tint job.   

IMG_0888.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Desk is done.   Finish woodwork is almost done.
Cushions are in.

The issues with the mppt has caused a delay, but I am going to test the shore power with the inverter/charger this weekend.    New mppt won't be delivered till next week.

A few odds and ends with the wiring need that to be finished.

Almost done!
IMG_0897.JPG

I have to remain here for another week or two because the cat is going to be fixed...need time for her to recover too.
So, I am going to test every system next week. Sanitize the water system, test the solar hot water, etc.

I plan to be on the road by October 29. Defects and all. Whatever needs fixing at that point can be done on the road or in Ehrenberg.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    884.7 KB · Views: 32
RFinished the last cabinets.   Inverter is on the lower shelf, the top and bottom is the modification of the old oak filing cabinet I found.   

I changed the top to just use the drawer fronts for doors on shelves.

Not I am getting excited.   Very little left...then I am on the road!

What a long time this has been!

IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0908.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
After all you have been through and done to that rig , you will enjoy it that much more!!
Many Happy Trails ahead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not a darned thing! Which is why I'm so quiet ;-) Except now, on top of having no progress on the interior build, I have a broken transmission! Life is grand!!

Belinda, sorry to hear that!!!

I spend all of Sept doing nearly nothing...I too had a bad transmission...and other mechanical issues. Way too much stress for me, so I can understand the frustration levels.

I hope it turns out well for you!

Look's great VanKitten. Has Bob Villa called and asked for any tips from you? Wished I was as handy as you are.

Well..I found a lot of stuff..like that cabinet..I repurposed the filing cabinet and doors.
The kitchen galley was the same way...but, I had a cabinet maker to the doors.

Most of it was found, or I did it for the first time watching YouTube tutorial

While I did a lot of house renovations through the years, very little of that knowledge was really transferable. Concepts such a level mean very little in a renovated RV. Level is whatever you achieve that night. Settle for picking a line, and trying to be straight to that. Villa would be disgusted with some of the choices I had before o make......

Oh geez...  

The place where Honey has been for me to work on has no water source for me.

So, for the first time yesterday I drove Honey into town to hook up.

Oh lord, the fresh water holding tank leaks like crazy, the grey water tank leaks like crazy.
The plumber who did this work was called...but he is gone till next Saturday.

Meanwhile, I ran the whole system..including the passive solar hot water.   That worked great!  
I had nice warm water after only 30 minutes!  Faucets, drains, all working.

So, the question of if I will leave here with the MPPT I currently have...or wait for a replacement has been settled.   I stay.  For a week, at least.

Really...I must have pissed of someone up there.   Each thing has been a problem.   Well, still I have learned a lot....that experience is good