HONEY ... renovation thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saweeet,can you cut off about 3 feet and send it to me?

Gary68 said:
saweeet,can you cut off about 3 feet and send it to me?

Poor lady was sweating if it was long enough to give me the standard 1 inch overhang at the end.    I think I ran her out of wood scraps too!

First set of black out curtains are in.   Sink is in.   Framing for the desk is in.   Center console is in.

The lady with the countertop had a couple of scraps left, so I used the it for a divider in the storage area on the top of the desk.

Everything is happening pretty fast now.    Only the changes to the sofa/bed and the electrical cabinet are left to finish.      Yea!!   pretty soon I can stop living in cheap motels and/or couch surfing.

IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0825.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    893.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    826.8 KB · Views: 35
Ok , this is starting to get serious.............
You're gonna need to get a MAP ! :cool:

Cheap motels and couch surfing ! :p
You sure you can't live in the rig yet ???

I am stuck in cheap motels.... we are still doing temps well into the 90s.

The final work is the part that really counts for living in it:

Finish the bed
Finish the curtains
Hookup the plumbing
Final hook up of power systems
Drawers and shelves to be finished
Pegboard on 3 walls. (Found a polysi board)
Paint job...scheduled for the last week of Sept.

Also a million details. Hooks for baskets,
Curtains, coats, bungee where ever I might need them

All this is do about by the end of sept. So, my target is Oct 1.

Oh man, that countertop is sweet. And I see a few details of it in the other picture,
along with the console that blends in nicely. Making me think about how to purdy up my build.

Sending good thoughts your way as you near take-off.

lurker.gif

CPutts said:
Oh man, that countertop is sweet. And I see a few details of it in the other picture,
along with the console that blends in nicely. Making me think about how to purdy up my build.

Sending good thoughts your way as you near take-off.

lurker.gif

Because of my concern for weight...the thickness of it is not the traditional 1".  
I convinced her to make it just 3/8" and bond it to a 1/4 ply....with a wrap at the ends.

She says that the mosaic is not stable in thin strips....but, once bonded to the ply it is very strong.   And...only used half the usual amount material!

Love everything you've done so far.

I also have a quilt made by my Grandmother that is on my list of must take. I also hope to repair it on those rainy days stuck inside. Wishing you continued success.Hope the motel is giving you a monthly rate!

Got the beast back.   It is running great.   Never so smooth or quiet as this before.   I sure hope this is the last of the mechanical problems for a while

I started to get the rest of the walls around the galley done....  this is polysi pegboard.  
I can hang baskets, etc on it.   

IMG_0862.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
So, with only one day of work in....the beast was towed back to the mechanic.

Seems all my time is spent dealing with these constant mechanical problems!

Today, I am supposed to get the beast back again. I really hope that all these issues are solved and this will mean I will have October to get this build finish and be on the road trouble free (at least for a good while).

I started a thread in mechanical issues.

I have been unable to start the Beast each time she sits for a couple hours.

On Tuesday.. It wouldn't start right in the mechanics' driveway! They replaced the control module(second time..it was new on Monday) On Wednesday morning it wouldn't start....they replaced the distributor. Yesterday it would not start... they replaced the distributor... again
Last night it wouldn't start....getting towed to the mechanic this morning.

I do not believe all these new parts are bad. Something is causing them to fry. My un-mechanical opinion

The paint job is done!

I am thinking to add a couple of "sweeps" of royal blue down the sides.
Maybe later.....

This was the first day.  As it dries is will become a little less bright...and the shine will disappear

IMG_0877.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
It is monstaliner

Got the idea here. I love the fact that is going to be tough enough to standup to mistreatment ant not look horrible.

I figured I was not really inclined to be the sort to worry about appearances. So, a longer term solution was needed.