Hola everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xunil76

Reaction score
hi guys, i'm new here to the forums, but i've been watching videos from Bob, Carolyn, and a few others for a while now, and i can't wait to be able to get out on the road full time.  my plan is to boondock as much as possible and get out of the cities for the most part.

i'm currently paying off my towing vehicle (trying to pay it off sooner than the duration of the loan), then once that's done, i'll be selling my house (already paid off) and getting a travel trailer to live in full time.  i want to make sure i have no debt before i get out there full time.

i make a decent enough living with my job (hopefully one which i'll be able to continue doing remotely, as there's physically no reason i have to be in the office to work).  i just gotta get the boss man to sign off on it, but i've been with the company for 16 years this month, and they know i'm one of the most dependable people here, so i don't see that as too much of an issue.

that said, i've been feeling like i'm kinda just "going through the motions" for a long time now.  i know there's much more to life than that, and i've always liked traveling, and even just driving in general...i feel more at home when i'm behind the wheel, personally.  i think if i'm able to continue my job from the road, my paycheck will stretch a lot farther, so i'll have more cash to go do/see things, and i'll also be able to contribute more to savings at the same time, so that's a win-win.

with any luck, i'll be able to get out there within a couple years, or maybe even sooner if i can find a way to make some extra cash and get things paid off sooner.

Hi xunil76 and welcome to the forum.

Hi xunil76, Welcome! Sounds like you got a good plan going on. Lots of good people and knowledge here.

Welcome to the CRVL forums xunil76! Hope your boss approves your plan to work remotely. It's possible to get a strong internet connection almost anywhere now so you will find a lot of places to boondock. Good luck!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Working while on the road will eliminate property taxes, as well as school district, and local city taxes. It will also eliminate water/sewage/trash, and electric, not to mention, cable TV from your monthly bills.

I commend you from wanting to jump off of the hamster treadmill that some of us are still on. Life is too short to spend it working for "The Man" !

Having a source of income that can be done on the road is an enormous advantage--one that most people do not have--and it makes everything a thousand times easier.

:)

You can pay off your bills such as a car loan with the proceeds of selling your house. So if you get permission to work remotely just go for it instead of delaying. You won't be getting any younger or more emotionally ready to make the break than you are right now. Plus you will be saving on the interest you would have had to pay on the loans. Having a lower cost of living helps increase your ability to save more of your income.