Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renogy

Reaction score
Hello all!

We're happy to be join you here at the forum! If you guys have any questions for us, please feel free to ask and we'll do our best to answer them as quickly as possible, or to point you in the right direction. Our technical support team are best reached via the chat function on our website, their email ([email protected]), or by our company number (1-800-330-8687).

All the best,
The Renogy Team

I'm delighted you're here! Many of our member use and love your products so having direct support is wonderful!
Bob

Renogy said:
Hello all!

We're happy to be join you here at the forum! If you guys have any questions for us, please feel free to ask and we'll do our best to answer them as quickly as possible, or to point you in the right direction. Our technical support team are best reached via the chat function on our website, their email ([email protected]), or by our company number (1-800-330-8687).

All the best,
The Renogy Team

*joining, opps, we're sorry about that!

akrvbob said:
I'm delighted you're here! Many of our member use and love your products so having direct support is wonderful!
Bob

Glad to be of service in any way we can! Thank you for providing such a great forum for people to interact and ask questions, especially regarding solar. We've heard so many wonderful things about cheaprvliving.com!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

Renogy said:
Hello all!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

So happy that you're here!

I'm probably going to have some questions pretty soon. I just bought your 100w suitcase solar panel, and have no idea how to hook it up. But, I know there is a ton of information here, so I'm going to see how far I can get before I cry for help.

Welcome!

Bob is right, your products have become popular here and on other RV type forums. I know many remove the controller from the suitcase and place it closer to the battery, leaving the long run of wire between the panels and the controller for less line loss.

Renogy, we are pleased with the 100 watt suitcase solar we purchased from your company.  It is so simple to use, we are planning to buy a second unit. We love parking our van in the shade and setting the solar in the sun. Jan  

Nana4Twins said:
So happy that you're here!

I'm probably going to have some questions pretty soon.  I just bought your 100w suitcase solar panel, and have no idea how to hook it up.  But, I know there is a ton of information here, so I'm going to see how far I can get before I cry for help.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! We're happy to be here as well!

Please feel free to ask us if you have any questions, or run into any issues that you are unable to find an answer to. We'd like to make this process as painless as possible for you.
Also! We've recently filmed a phone interview with a youtuber by the name of Chris Travels, and one of our technicians helped walk him through the process of getting his 100W Solar Suitcase up. We're not sure when it will be up, but we'll be sure to message you with it if you'd like? (That is, of course, if you haven't figured everything out thanks to everyone's knowledge on the forum.)

But again, thank you for the warm welcome!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

janncoo said:
Renogy, we are pleased with the 100 watt suitcase solar we purchased from your company.  It is so simple to use, we are planning to buy a second unit. We love parking our van in the shade and setting the solar in the sun. Jan  

Hi Jan,

We're always glad to hear about happy customers! And not to seem like we're hijacking this post/forum or anything, but since you mentioned that you're planning on buying a second unit, we would like to share that if you post pictures of your Renogy system on our forum, you receive $5 store credit! But if you have any questions, regarding your current system, or your potential new one, please feel free to ask us!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

jimindenver said:
Bob is right, your products have become popular here and on other RV type forums. I know many remove the controller from the suitcase and place it closer to the battery, leaving the long run of wire between the panels and the controller for less line loss.

We're glad to hear that our products are so well-liked! It's been a very warm welcome on cheaprvliving thus far, and we're so thankful. If you ever have any questions about anything, such as optimal setups for your system, please feel free to ask us.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

Renogy said:
We've recently filmed a phone interview with a youtuber by the name of Chris Travels, and one of our technicians helped walk him through the process of getting his 100W Solar Suitcase up. We're not sure when it will be up, but we'll be sure to message you with it if you'd like? (That is, of course, if you haven't figured everything out thanks to everyone's knowledge on the forum.)

Yes, please let me know when it's available! Thank you, so much!

Nana4Twins said:
Yes, please let me know when it's available!  Thank you, so much!

Sure thing! He'll be emailing us a link to let us know when he'll be done editing the video. We'll send it your way as soon as we get it!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

In a world of way too many companies that only care about making the sale and leave you high and dry when you need help, your response here is remarkable and refreshing. Kudos to you!!

Bob, I might be out of place here, especially since I am still quite new myself, but in my mind, I am thinking it might be a great idea if you set up a forum to be used specifically for questions (and answers) directed to Renogy so as not to have a wild mess throughout the entire forums, plus it would make it easier to find answers and maybe eliminate the need of the same questions being asked all of the time. Just my opinion :)

Lord, I hope that made sense - re-reading it and not being able to think of a better way to word it is throwing me for a loop - the life of a perfectionist - hate it - LOL.

Sunnyslife, that is a good idea and I was just thinking about it. We have a bunch of solar threads going now that Renogy could be involved in but aren't because they are on their own seperate thread.

To be honest about it I'm not sure how to handle it. We already have a lot of very good experts on solar and I don't want them to feel excluded, they have a proven track record and I trust them.

Not do I want to take advantage of Renogy and just pepper them with general solar questions.

I'm not sure what to do! Any suggestions?

What I'm inclined to do is create a sub-forum called: "Ask Renogy--For those who have, are installing, or thinking about buying a Renogy Solar Power system."
Bob

One of the forums I hang out on has a separate section for 'ask the manufacturers'.

Each one of them has their own sub-forum. Since a lot of the product is cottage industry and/or custom order, they can announce new products, post vacation notices, talk about their products, answer questions, you name it.

There may be other manufacturers or suppliers out there that would participate if we had a spot for them.

LucyImHome said:
In a world of way too many companies that only care about making the sale and leave you high and dry when you need help, your response here is remarkable and refreshing. Kudos to you!!

Thank you so much, we truly appreciate the kudos! We understand that the solar process can be confusing, and we're trying our best to widen our scope as to provide people with more platforms to reach us through. If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We'll do our best to answer your questions as quickly as possible.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

akrvbob said:
To be honest about it I'm not sure how to handle it. We already have a lot of very good experts on solar and I don't want them to feel excluded, they have a proven track record and I trust them.

Not do I want to take advantage of Renogy and just pepper them with general solar questions.

Bob

Hi Bob,

We're happy to comply with whatever you and the other forum members think is best. There are certainly quite a number of experts on solar in the forum, and we wouldn't want to step on any toes. We truly appreciate the effort and thought in how to best accommodate us, thank you!

All the best,
The Renogy Team