Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunnyslife said:
I am thinking it might be a great idea if you set up a forum to be used specifically for questions (and answers) directed to Renogy so as not to have a wild mess throughout the entire forums, plus it would make it easier to find answers and maybe eliminate the need of the same questions being asked all of the time. Just my opinion :)

sunnyslife,
Thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate the thought, it would help make things easier :)

All the best,
The Renogy Team

Almost There said:
Each one of them has their own sub-forum. Since a lot of the product is cottage industry and/or custom order, they can announce new products, post vacation notices, talk about their products, answer questions, you name it.

Almost There,

That's a great suggestion, thank you! We're definitely open to whatever Bob and the rest of the other forum members think is best, but that would be rather handy.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

Renogy,

I havent opened the box yet, but I will next week. I'm in a Class A motorhome. Is this going to be an easy install for a girl who knows nothing about batteries, solar panels, voltage, amperage, wattage, etc, or should I find someone to help?

Nana4Twins said:
Renogy,

I havent opened the box yet, but I will next week.  I'm in a Class A motorhome.  Is this going to be an easy install for a girl who knows nothing about batteries, solar panels, voltage, amperage, wattage, etc, or should I find someone to help?

Hi Nana4Twins,

For your safety, if you don’t know much about using tools or dealing with wiring and electricity, we would suggest finding someone to help. If you're not sure who, your best bet will most likely be contacting an RV dealer and asking them for information on an RV solar installer. We hoped this helped!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

Here is a item specific question that the members can use.

I purchased the 100w mono solar kit from Amazon. (Extremely pleased!)

It currently is mounted on a sheet of plywood that is mounted on a lumber roof rack. Driving across country the wind pushed my van around.

Is there a hanger that can be bolted to both the 100w panel and the roof rack to eliminate the sheet of plywood. I want to have it mounted short side between the bars. (bars about 4 ft apart.)

Is this even a good idea?

Renogy....So glad to see y'all here.
I've got to say, its been a long time since I got customer service such as your team provided me during and after my recent purchases.

My panel came quickly and loved the good price and free shipping.
Then, when I decided to shuck my old controller you guys had my new one in hand so fast I almost didn't see it coming.

Thanks and welcome to the forums,
Jay

Almost There said:
One of the forums I hang out on has a separate section for 'ask the manufacturers'.

Each one of them has their own sub-forum. Since a lot of the product is cottage industry and/or custom order, they can announce new products, post vacation notices, talk about their products, answer questions, you name it.

There may be other manufacturers or suppliers out there that would participate if we had a spot for them.

This is the answer and it does not exclude anyone. All of the board "experts" can certainly continue to chime in. Yet it allows Renogy to be able to focus on there product only and not have to look around and chase threads as well as users of the site. 

Mike R

bindi&us said:
John...you might think of using angle iron across your racks and bracketing the panel to those. That's how I did ours.

That is an option. I am just seeing if there is a cleaner way.

I am ready to build a larger unit.  That light duty body is no longer a workable option. 

GotSmart said:
Is there a hanger that can be bolted to both the 100w panel and the roof rack to eliminate the sheet of plywood.  I want to have it mounted short side between the bars. (bars about 4 ft apart.)

Is this even a good idea?

Hi GotSmart,

We're glad to hear that you're happy with your purchase!

To answer your question, we ourselves do not carry the kind of item you're asking for, but it is doable (and it can be a good idea) if you're able to find someone that sells it. We're sorry that we can't help more, but we hope that this was a little useful!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

bindi&us said:
Renogy....So glad to see y'all here.
I've got to say, its been a long time since I got customer service such as your team provided me during and after my recent purchases.

My panel came quickly and loved the good price and free shipping.
Then, when I decided to shuck my old controller you guys had my new one in hand so fast I almost didn't see it coming.

Thanks and welcome to the forums,
Jay

Hi Jay,

We're glad to hear that you're happy with our services! We try our very best to provide all of our customers with exceptional service, so we're more than glad to hear from a happy camper.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

John...on Lavonne's old van we were able to use "U" bolts thru the panel frame and around the stock roof rack cross members.
Don't remember how your rack is built.

I will go with a "L" bracket. Now to find the right one.

The only problem I have with the controller sent with the panel, is that I am color blind, and am unable to tell those little lights apart as to what color they are.

John...I did a post on the PWM 30CC-LCD charge controller I  got from Renogy. (with photo)
https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-My-New-Renogy-Panel-and-Controller

I think you'd like it since it has a 10 function readout that's easy to see (no colors).
I like that its adjustable and can monitor amp usage and more.
Its prices way under the MPPT type, but I think it will serve very well.

You can call Renogy direct at (909) 287-7100...ask for Oscar in sales.

I'm not getting any compensation....just like to promote a company with good products and outstanding customer service.

GotSmart said:
I will go with a "L" bracket.  Now to find the right one.

The only problem I have with the controller sent with the panel, is that I am color blind, and am unable to tell those little lights apart as to what color they are.

Hi Gotsmart,

We actually do have a "L" bracket here.

As for the controller...You mentioned it was a 100W Mono Kit--was it a particular kit, or the 100W Solar Suitcase? Based on what you bought exactly, we can find out which controller you have (or if you can tell us which controller you have, that would help!) and hopefully try and figure out some way to assist you with this matter.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

Had a pleasant chat with Stephen in tech support. Not being tech savvy, I don't like techies talking down to me in my ignorance.
At no moment did I have any sort of feeling...in fact, treated in a friendly fashion. I like a pro who knows how to listen.

Y'all score again with me.

Renogy said:
Hi Gotsmart,

We actually do have a "L" bracket here.

As for the controller...You mentioned it was a 100W Mono Kit--was it a particular kit, or the 100W Solar Suitcase? Based on what you bought exactly, we can find out which controller you have (or if you can tell us which controller you have, that would help!) and hopefully try and figure out some way to assist you with this matter.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

That bracket will not work in my situation.  I will post pictures if my final solution. I have time. 

This is the package I bought on Amazon. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFCNFRM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GotSmart said:
That bracket will not work in my situation.  I will post pictures if my final solution. I have time. 

This is the package I bought on Amazon. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFCNFRM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi John,

We look forward to seeing your pictures whenever you finish.

Also, in regards to the charge controller, we are very sorry about the minor issue you ran into with it. We would like to see if there's something we can do to facilitate a fix. If you wouldn't mind reaching out to us, that would be fantastic. Please contact Charlie at [email protected], and he'ill work with you to figure out the best solution for this problem. Thank you for letting us know!

All the best,
The Renogy Team

I bought Renogy panels and controller a year ago and am still loving the products.  

My cousin recently went with of a group to Costa Rica to learn about and install solar systems in rural homes to power lights, water pumps, etc.  While looking through the pictures I noticed a box of solar panels and the name on them was ......Renogy!

Glad to see you on the forum!