Hello ... I am Vyckie

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VyckieG

Reaction score
Hey, I just discovered this forum via the van dwellers subreddit. I've been watching all the cheapervliving videos YouTube for weeks now. 

I have a Skoolie which I have lived in for almost two years - saved me and my kids from an abusive relationship without ending up homeless in the Pacific Northwest.

I'm stuck in my old house in Nebraska until my youngest son graduates in 2020, so I am selling my bus for now.

My plan is to find a van to work on converting for #vanlife while I'm waiting out my time here in the incredibly boring Midwest. Just as soon as I can go, I want to live full-time in my van and drive South ... hopefully all the way to Panama, and maybe even into south America.

I am hoping to find an older single woman like myself to join me as a traveling companion because awesomeness is better when it's shared with friends, right?

Anyway, thanks for having me. I'm looking forward to learning more about van life here.

Welcome, I also have been watching and writing everything down, i am so ready but. I know I need a little extra Incase something breaks. Everyone seems so friendly , that is what I need .. again welcome

Welcome Vyckie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Welcome
I am s grandmother now living with my dauter- in- law and helping with my granddaughter. My son is living in my rv in the backyard. Divorce is not a pretty thing to watch your kids go through. Good luck with your van build.

Hi Vickie
Sorry I can’t fight my autocorrect. Have you ever driven in Latin America? Had any single female friends who did? I lived in Mexico, Spain, Paraguay and Colombia and speak fluent Spanish ( was a bilingual education teacher half my career) but I’d be very leery of driving as a woman through Latin America. Even with men perhaps in a decent sized group. But even more so nowadays with the narcotrafficantes and all the violence and kidnapping etc. I don’t know but I find your idea interesting. Keep us posted. I know people drive down that way all the time safely but I don’t have any back up- no family- so I’d be worried.

VyckieG,

Welcome :) I'm new as well but, as yet, I don't have a vehicle so I'm just hanging here, reading and learning as much as I can for when I do.

This is a wonderful bunch of people and we'll totally enjoy having you here, I'm sure :)

JAD