Hello from the NEWBY

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkettgen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This last winter here gave me the final push and I'm taking the plunge into nomadic living starting August 1st. I'm by no means ready physically but mentally I'm as good as gone. My startout point is Minneapolis, MN. If there are any nomads in the area, I'd like to hear from you. Perhaps we can meet up somewhere along the way.
I still have a lot to do before I truly can leave the area though. The interior of my shuttle bus needs a lot of work still. Also any leads on a used or cheap solar setup would be appreciated.

Wish me luck!

So Long....

Hello jkettgen and welcome to the forum from a fellow Minnesotan.

I myself am based outta northern Itasca county right now though this summer has been spent quite a lot on the north shore north of Hovland.

Do you have a layout planned for your rig yet?

~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Welcome jkettgen to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

AMGS3, thanks for the welcome. My rig is a 2006 Ford E-450 shuttle bus. I've built a platform across the back for a bed and I'm planning to add some kitchen cabinets and sink, a composting toilet, and perhaps a shower. So far I don't have a specific layout planned.

Another Minnesotan, here. From the metro, too. Something about the 5 foot deep backfill of snow on my sloped driveway this past April tipped me over the edge. I have a few months to go before I can get my rig. Happy trails to you in August!

Hello CraftyRV,
What kind of rig are you sporting? Mine's a E-450 6L Diesel. I'd like to meet up and discuss options. Let me know

Latest posts