Hello from Quartzite RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ann.jms.harlan

Reaction score
Hi! I have a 1987 Toyota mini RV, a Damon Escaper. I believe I'm supposed to live a nomadic life now, but I'm still transitioning my expectations. I'm enjoying my first RTR and really enjoy that there was caravan guidance on HOWA.

I'm hoping to find someone willing to help me look over my RV, Timmy, and decide if the water heater leak is a loose connection or I should replace it. I have questions about fixing/swapping the Onan generator or replacing it. I also am looking for guidance on if my solar system is perfect or could be improved.

I was hoping I might attend the vanlife build 2-8 Feb and lend a hand if I could be of any help and perhaps get some good advice.

Hi! I have a 1987 Toyota mini RV, a Damon Escaper. I believe I'm supposed to live a nomadic life now, but I'm still transitioning my expectations. I'm enjoying my first RTR and really enjoy that there was caravan guidance on HOWA.

I'm hoping to find someone willing to help me look over my RV, Timmy, and decide if the water heater leak is a loose connection or I should replace it. I have questions about fixing/swapping the Onan generator or replacing it. I also am looking for guidance on if my solar system is perfect or could be improved.

I was hoping I might attend the vanlife build 2-8 Feb and lend a hand if I could be of any help and perhaps get some good advice.
Welcome to the forum, ann.jms.harlan:)

Welcome, and good luck Ann...the Pirate Camp is a good place to hang out with a friendly group of helpful people.

Why replace the Onan generator?

If it runs intermittently, there's a little known issue regarding the oil dip stick. The generator may have too much oil in it.

Sigh, I had so hoped to join all of you this year, but I forgot and next thing I know there are post from Q-town. I hope all of you have a wonderful time, find or provide all the assistance needed and have just enough wet to keep the dust down. Much love from Tucson.