Heavy handed moderation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you Anne, but you can't dictate to others how they should act. I hope you see that some people don't feel the moderation is hvyhnded, some people do. That puts it in the realm of opinion on the hvyhndedness. You said your piece, others have said theirs. Persisting and not accepting what has been said is not positive behavior. Just because someone feels their toes were stepped on, doesn't make it OK to step on theirs. Lots of good people here Anne, look for the positive, not the negative.

And don't forget...we still gotta get together for a party sometime! I'll even be OK with a PG party with soda and chips instead of booze and rock n roll!

highdesertranger said:
ok we need to end the back and forth between members. please stay on topic which is "heavy handed moderation". bickering will get this thread closed. highdesertranger

Hahahaha. This needs to go to the YARC!!!

Wabbit said:
I hear you Anne,

but you can't dictate to others how they should act.

And don't forget...we still gotta get together for a party sometime!
I'll even be OK with a PG party with soda and chips instead of booze and rock n roll!
Hi Wabbit,
Chips ?, soda ? & YARC ?

Will all that stuff let me stay 108-110  ;) lbs, lol
and
re dictating... (ie "heavy handed moderation") to others is what mods do, and you're right, as is plain to see,
in the now over 10 posts he has made in this thread alone. 
This thread is now on page 11, & still as of yesterday, he posted "no point in investing time in a forum where the moderators are assholes".
That should tell you that moderator's DICTATING... obviously does NOT work. - But until they figger that out, such snafu's continue.

OTOH

Technomad could be helped to *change... how he might like much better* when someone actually facilitates... him achieving  success...

highdesertranger said:
ok we need to end the back and forth between members.  please stay on topic which is "heavy handed moderation".  bickering will get this thread closed. 

That seems like 'light handed moderation'....

Step it up please.  :p

Wabbit said:
(((Hugs)))
You're right Wabbit :) heart-felt Hugs can play a significant part... of "Trans-formational change", & actually often are. Afterwards.

First comes the work, which the younger the child is, amounts to *play* ;) (see here #2 )
you see, we learn via Play+Pretend+Imagine. ALL of us, every single human.
(Nor is this rocket-science either).  As any *successful* person can demonstrate... YOU, me, most of us do it, subconsciously.
And what is the Target ? >>> successful behavioral Outcomes we want.

So moderators have a choice:
1. send secret Notices... warnings... infractions......bans\ because crap takes no skill whatsoever. 
OR
2. post PUBLIC Encouragements........ & praise ...... & from such "Positive anchors, & Reinforcements" empower constructive... developments
So it takes a bit of time. And you know wabbit TIME IS ALL WE HAVE. & Time spent *well* is Calming + Peaceful :heart: Rich +  HAPPY....

iow EASY, like PLAY...

---intermission--- Angels in Heaven by Chris Rodrigues & Spoon Lady (now that the thread is off the rails and blazing a trail through the woods)

A horse is a horse of course, of course...and now poor Mister Ed is most certainly dead and we should stop heavy-handedly beating the crap out of him now, I think. So I'm gonna heavy-handedly close this thread for the time being and publicly encourage other, more productive Cheap RV Living-related positive discussion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.