Heavy handed moderation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^You could ask them, probably want to do it in a PM, otherwise it may look like you're trying to stir up trouble.

How to get to be their friend? No idea, everybody's different. I guess sharing interests is one way people get together as friends.

As to the rest, they are moderators, not spiritual advisors.

I, by the way, NEVER kiss anyone's butt! I really didn't like that implication as I have stood firm on that since I was in high school, the day I decided "enough was enough". (long story) Kind of funny really, as I am betting many here are here because they don't want to butt kiss or grew tired of butt kissing. : )

tx2sturgis said:
Just HOW many deletes have you got under your belt?

At least a half dozen so far.  But you've been a member here longer so you got the advantage.  I'll catch ya eventually...   hahaha

This specific thread, yes. The thread topic, no.

Wabbit said:
^^You could ask them, probably want to do it in a PM,

otherwise it may look like you're trying to stir up trouble. How to get to be their friend? No idea,  everybody's different.
I guess sharing interests is one way people get together as friends.

As to the rest, they are moderators, not spiritual advisors.
I have read, & re-read my post, & your response to it, over & over - and beats me how you got to "stir up trouble" ??
what on earth does that, have anything to do with what I said ?

What I said was: " people sincerely ASKING........ "what was/is your Intent ?"
(BEFORE ever dispensing 'discipline, or punishments').
&
of course that implies that another human actually CARES... knowing another Individual "

in other words, What I said comes from a totally-different perspective. And Here's the thing:
I & friends prefer living life... in the Positive... sharing genuinely
heart.gif
LOVING & GOOD  wishes... know what I mean Wabbit ?

WHERE in Bob's forum are found, or even allowed for that matter, these kinds of discussions... ??

Snow Gypsy said:
I, by the way, NEVER kiss anyone's butt!  I really didn't like that implication
as I have stood firm on that since I was in high school, the day I decided "enough was enough". (long story)  
Kind of funny really, as I am betting many here are here because they don't want to butt kiss or grew tired of butt kissing. : )
UM
WHAT ! - How ever did you manage to go there, to "butt-kissing" ?? - That is so FAKE !!!!

Please raise specific concerns, not generalities. I have personally had one concern. I didn’t think it was a big enough item to pursue.

ok we need to end the back and forth between members. please stay on topic which is "heavy handed moderation". bickering will get this thread closed. highdesertranger

^^^^ Ahhh, and NOW we see the violence inherent in the system. Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help--I'm being repressed !!!!!"

tee hee hee

I think the worst is when posts get blind-deleted, no notice to the poster, just disappears.

At least if you find out your posts are getting deleted you can choose to modify your behaviour to reduce the odds.

If not, you just keep wasting your time.

I thought we suppressed you last week. Don't make us do it again!

John61CT said:
I think the worst is when posts get blind-deleted, no notice to the poster, just disappears.

And sometimes posts appear 'blind-deleted' because the poster has a full PM box, thus further PMs cannot be sent to that poster.

Weight said:
Want me as a friend. Send me gifts.

re "gifts". - IF you meant those bought with $$$$$ ??

The real worth-the-while gifts are like presents, they are ever present... 
as in Sharing with another Individual some further Abilities & skills... they would like to also develop...
Examples might be:
1. Learning other languages
2. Learning how to heal...
3. Learning some of the many Mechanical... (kinesthetic/physical) skills shared in Bob's forum here.
And many, many others.
See the thing is >>>>>> FOCUS on positive.... human-development.

((Not endless bickering, & bitching on BOTH sides, sad to say.

All such negativity is a colossal waste......., primarily of anyone's precious time.... ))

This bears repeating, over & over = FOCUS on positive.... human-development, >starting with moderators as exemplars... <

^^I try to focus on positive, but it starts with me, not others. I try to worry about my behavior, not others. I say try, because I slip up on that a lot.

lenny flank said:
Ahhh, and NOW we see the violence inherent in the system. Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help--I'm being repressed !!!!!"

"Bloody Peasant!!!"                                  (from another Monty Python fan)

The topic? Heavy Handed Moderation. I haven't seen it. Could some of my posts have been deleted? I guess, but it isn't like I go back and check anyway. I guess my words are not so "golden" that I must demand to be heard. Are we talking about technical/advice type posts or something else? The threads I have seen closed, I totally understood the reason. So, I remain in the dark. I still feel the issues here should have been handled by pm or email with specifics related to the person(s) who felt this was an issue. Trying to force a mutiny among members over something that I can't be the only one that was in the dark made no sense to me. Sometimes taking a break from any forum can be a good thing, like just walk away for a while and cool down. Sometimes the person(s) who is a "thorn" might have moved on or maybe someone was just having a bad day.

Wabbit said:
^^I try to focus on positive, but it starts with me, not others.
I try to worry about my behavior, not others. I say try, because I slip up on that a lot.
Hi Wabbit,
of course. No human is perfect, we all (me too) make mistakes, & forever...
However,
Look at this word "mistake"= as in a >>missed take<<.
We missed something, - meaning we can Attempt... whatever GOOD Ability again, & again, & again, until we succeed... 

But here's the thing: When moderators persist (as they do) no less moment-to-moment :exclamation: forcing... us to focus on silly-assed mistakes....
What emotional effect does that have, in the moment... Let alone day-in, & day-out ? - it FORCES (everyone, incldg. mods) staying STUCK... in "slip up, & worry" as you said.
ALL such NEGATIVE attitudes & behaviors are counter-productive.................. & they are HARMFUL. They cause dis-ease, sickness, & death.
No wonder they say it is a "thankless" job.
Who, in their Right mind, would Voluntarily choose to participate in such wasteful NONsense. Yikes !

====
That is WHY I said in my previous post "FOCUS on positive.... >starting with moderators as exemplars... <
AND
why I said earlier: ... another human actively CARES... knowing another Individual. - (like "Technomad" here as per his thread.)

I can give you an example of what THIS kind or interaction... would be experienced as, in another post, should anybody care....

Status
Not open for further replies.