Greetings from the frozen North

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txmnjim

Reaction score
Hello all,
Txmnjim here. I'm glad i found this site! My DW (dear wife) and i have been trying to figure a way
to retire on pretty much just Social Security as we are about 10 years from possible retirement. I think
living in a trailer, camper, or RV are possible options. My brother has retired and in a far better financial 
situation than us and he is enjoying travelling throughout the country in a new RV and kind of gave me
the ideal. I'm thinking we could buy a small piece of land somewhere and park a trailer, RV, or camper 
there. I don't think we will have enough funds to travel around much, particularly since gas will probably 
be much higher then. I have already learned a lot from lurking on this site and very interested in learning more. 
Jim in MN

I'm in Michigan & had planned to spend the winter shooting in the SW but my wife had surgery & I froze & was more misererable than any winter I remember. It's 26 deg now. I bought a great diesel ambulance & plan on staying all over & chasing great weather.

yes, this has been a very rough winter. as my name indicates, i'm originally from Texas so still not use
to this after 12 years! funny thing is when i start looking at possible places to move its kind of hard to
find a place better than here...i think the chasing great weather idea is a good one!
jim

Welcome Jim to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger