Hello from the Ford.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pancake Jake

Reaction score
Been watching others do it for years, now I'm into the van life pretty deep myself. I've always been a traveller, camper, and minimalist but recent events have allowed/forced me to try van life. Though not 100% necessary, Let's just say living in the van is making life much easier and more enjoyable. I'm a month in and so far loving it. I'm from an area in Michigan where boondocking isn't a thing due to high land values and few places to hide. I can park at work and in a couple of driveways but will be looking to expand my horizons soon. I bought a Transit Connect passenger van a year ago with the hopes of one day doing some travelling van life type stuff. This year that all got fast tracked and here we go. Threw my clothes and boots in the van, bought some memory foam to sleep on and voila. Life changes very slowly then very quickly.

I'm looking forward to talking to and learning from everyone here, doing some kind of no build buildout on the van, and staying warm next winter.

Welcome Pancake Jake.....what a handle ! Everybody likes Jake

We're 4 yrs Full-time on the road in a Full-Sized Transit....but never in the serious COLD.....Snowbirds

Good Luck with Michigan......Brrrrrr...........and again WELCOME