Grass & Guns

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which, as anybody knows, smoking a doob will make you a homicidal maniac! Well, at least a Pringlescidal maniac. Maybe a cookiecidal maniac?

I think the federal government is just trying to flex it's weakening muscle in this fight. Voters are quickly turning to legalization and the Feds are fearful they are losing control. 

Since the DEA was created when Prohibition ended in order to keep their jobs, I wonder what will become illegal next. Maybe it will be van dwelling!   :dodgy:

Big problem is the BATFE is a rogue agency, with the self-given authority to make and change the rules as they wish. The question on the Form 4473 pertaining to drug use is far too broad. It could have a clause added to exclude Medical MJ from being denied.
Being an election year, this is the perfect time for We The People to force our Congress Critters to address this issue, and rectify it.

BATFE

had to look that one up. ATF I would have known. too early, not enough coffee, I guess

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

I don't know now that Oregon has legalized recreational use but when it was just medical you could not own a gun and have a medical card. highdesertranger

Follow the money. There's an awful lot of money being spent on catching and incarcerating illegal drug users. Jobs, equipment, lawyers, judges, court buildings. Some drugs, like heroin and meth, have destroyed families and communities. I've got to admit I'd rather sit next to someone high on marijuana than meth. I figured I'd get cookies out of it.

The problem as i see it, is the fact that pot is still an 'illegal' substance under Federal Law. Just because a State allows its use doesn't change that....the Feds are just 'choosing' not to enforce the (Federal) law. Kinda like concealed carry...my State allows it but I can't travel 10 minutes into DC or Maryland without fear of arrest (no matter what the 2nd Amendment says).

The proper solution is removing pot from the illegal substance list in Federal law, and then removing the pot question from the Federal form 4473.
Then pot could be treated like alcohol as far as mixing with firearms. Getting caught drunk while armed can cost your permit here in Va. We can legally carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol but can't drink it nor sit at the bar.

If you're high on anything....be it pot, alcohol, or cough medicine....leave your gun at home (or locked in vehicle).
As much as I agree that the 9th Circuit is as loony as they come, I think they got it right in this case....as far as the 'law' (as written) is concerned.

If I was King, the laws would be modernized and made much more consistent with common sense. Don't restrict the 'law abiding', but punish swiftly the 'law breakers'.

CCW would be nationwide, like a driver's license.

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks   :D

I know people who REFUSE to be civil unless they have coffee.   

Pick your poison~~~

An interesting topic worthy of discussion and study. What our predecessors considered rights and liberties continue to be reassigned to a new heading - temporary privileges; granted and revoked at will by those who know what is best for you.

i'm merican,i stopped caring about rules other people make for me a long time ago,i got a nice bag of weed and a sks assault rifle,if i cant convince them with the first the second will

GotSmart said:
I know people who REFUSE to be civil unless they have coffee.   

Pick your poison~~~

And then there are those of us whose "civilized" brain can't function until it's awake so it's best not to poke the bear before coffee---or at least having a fresh cup of coffee in your hand. :D It runs in my family. :rolleyes:

anewbiewannabe said:
And then there are those of us whose "civilized" brain can't function until it's awake so it's best not to poke the bear before coffee---or at least having a fresh cup of coffee in your hand.  :D  It runs in my family. :rolleyes:

My 2nd ex wife would Wake~N~Bake.   :cool:  Those were interesting times.  :angel:

I have been known to hit the ground running and pause for something later.  

I do prefer to take it slow with a Cafe~mocha but it is not a requirement. 

Those we hired to govern the masses are taking things places where they have no right to be.  Time to flush and start over. Stay out of my kitchen, bedroom, and garden.  What I smoke, drink, or if I own a gun is MY BUSINESS,  As long as I do not hurt anyone else, society has no business in my business.  :mad:

It seems logical to me. Firearm purchase is Federal. Weed is illegal at the Federal level. If a State issued a medical card for heroin or any other federally illegal substance, wouldn't the bearer of the card be admitting that they are using the substance?

I wonder if it will go from illegal to buy firearms, to illegal to possess. Also interesting if States will refuse concealed carry permits to medical card holders. Did everyone who had a medical card and bought a weapon lie on their application form when it asked do you use illegal drugs?

DannyB1954 said:
It seems logical to me. Firearm purchase is Federal. Weed is illegal at the Federal level. If a State issued a medical card for heroin or any other federally illegal substance, wouldn't the bearer of the card be admitting that they are using the substance?

The interesting thing is that the state's don't just issue cards, they SELL - or license sellers - to openly sell this illegal substance to the people who have the cards, and the Feds make no effort to stop them.

Yeah, things are getting out of hand. not like they've ever really been close to in hand. If it's legal (at State level since it's not at Federal) then the State has no more right to take away gun privileges of someone with or without the medical card unless they are going to take away the gun privileges of anyone who drinks IMO. If somebody smokes some kind of plant, or drinks reasonably, or owns a reasonable gun it should be that person's business only.  

If someone is addicted to any substance, including alcohol, that alters the mind beyond recognition and has a proven history of this then I can see some privileges being revoked---just like DUI. We've got a real problem here with heroin and now heroin mixed with ketamine (sp) and they just give them narcan time after time when they reach the scene of an accident.  At the very least driver's licenses should be revoked on top of some kind of rehab.

Oh wait! This is too logical. :mad:

highdesertranger said:
I don't know now that Oregon has legalized recreational use but when it was just medical you could not own a gun and have a medical card.  highdesertranger

My wife and I have Oregon Medical cards.  I don't remember any question re. guns on the application.  And I own one.
We just went to the State Fair in Salem to see if the reports of a cannabis display were true. They were very true.  Nothing for sale but the greenhouses. Blue and red ribbons given for first and second place.  About nine plants on display for anyone 21 and older.  Someone could go to prison for a very looooong time in certain states.  We felt like we were witnessing an important moment in history!

Latest posts