Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning... sitting in church between services. May be my last Sunday here for a while, but it seems Ive thought that every week for weeks now.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that it wasn't too cold to sit in the van to read a book.

travelaround said:
Good morning... sitting in church between services. May be my last Sunday here for a while, but it seems Ive thought that every week for weeks now.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that it wasn't too cold to sit in the van to read a book.
Is that seller and the DMV title still delayed?
Did he pay the fee for a rush title? It is an additional $26.00 in Idaho. If it does not show up soon make sure that a rush fee was provided to the DMV. If not talk to the DMV and find out how to make a rush fee happen on an already submitted request so you can get the heck out of there. Also see if he saved a copy of the form he filed with, he needs to prove to you that he actually did it right or you will be stuck way too long in the cold.

Good morning all!  I have set my launch date for this Sunday. Traveling to Arizona, might swing thru Texas first and visit family.

Texas sounds nice. I'd like to go back there in 2020. Thanks for telling me about the rush fee, Maki... I didn't know there was such a thing. A dealer filed the paperwork for him. Yes, still waiting. Aside from the cold... I'm handling it okay. Now that I have more free time I'm getting out in nature more. We're expecting 60+ degrees this afternoon.

Already today I went to the clinic to have my blood drawn again, and now am at the laundromat... so looking forward to spending the warmer afternoon at a beach at one of these lakes hereabouts.

Good morning! Currently 60 degrees after a low of 51 here in Pahrump. Expecting 84 today but feels much hotter than that due to the desert kinda bakes you during the midday. Happy trails, I'm on the road today. ~crofter

Sounds so nice. Today is 30 degrees "feels like 23" and I believe it. We had an ice storm last night. I'm waiting for the sun to melt that ice on my rear view side mirror. Seems like time to go into Walmart to buy an ice scraper. Good news is that I finally learned to use the buddy heater last night.

travelaround said:
I finally learned to use the buddy heater last night.

The Buddy heater is truly a wonderful invention. I have not used mine in the van yet, but in the smaller space of my previous rig, it only took about 10 minutes until everything was toasty warm, and stayed that way for hours. Not looking forward to the cold when I travel north again. ~crofter

travelaround said:
Thanks for telling me about the rush fee, Maki... I didn't know there was such a thing. A dealer filed the paperwork for him. Yes, still waiting.
OK that certainly explains why the title is taking forever. The dealer did not want to pay the extra fee and most certainly did not care how fast it arrived. I guess the urgency was not communicated to the dealer who filed the paperwork. But I do think you could possibly find a way to expedite it retro actively by adding that rush order fee to it. Stand up and say something, don't take the unnecessary delay by lying down every night in a cold van. Be politely pro-active, be your own advocate. Get the name of the dealer who filed the paperwork, ask for his help, ask if getting the title can be turned into a rush order. Explain your situation. They will then understand why you are asking for it to arrive quickly.

Woke up to 23 degrees in the van and buddy heater took the edge off but didn't warm me. Now am at Farragut State Park with sunshine warming the cab of my van. Happy and journaling. Nice view of Lake Pend Oreille.

T/A you might consider installing a diesel heater. I installed one in my rig and it has been working great. It exhausts to the outside. You don't have to worry about CO poisoning. I installed the 5kw heater. I set the temp for 17 C, but it keeps my rig at 23C(74.4 degrees Fh. with outside temp of 30 Fh. I could have gone with the 2kw heater.  So far it has been working like a champ.

Yeah to TA! I followed this thread and your progress on downsizing, then the wait for the trailer...All systems GO!!!

travelaround said:
Diesel heat sounds good. May upgrade to that later. Good news though... I finally got my trailer today and hope to drive south tomorrow!!
Here comes the sun little darlin....

Yay for TA!  So glad to hear you're finally over that hump.  I'm heading out for TN/KY this morning for a leisurely trip through the 21st.  Will try to remember to check in each day, last trip I was just too busy enjoying myself.  I packed sweaters! So happy fall is finally showing it's face.
Have a great day all :)

Early winter is hitting us like a freight train today, definitely wish we were loaded up to head someplace warm.

Latest posts