Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning. Halfway through the pot-o-coffee.

TA, you're making great progress.

Rained a little overnight (not enough). Gonna be another scorcher here. Comeon' Oct/Nov. Getting really tired of summer.

Good morning all! Raining again this AM, makes the coffee all the more tasty.  Errand day. Diesel heater operated great. Set the  temp at 19 C and it maintained 21 C. When it gets colder it will be on target.

Good morning, coffee percolating here getting ready to attempt to move this behemoth with a broken hand so forest service personnel don’t kick me out. They are circling like vultures here now...

Rainy, rainy, rainy - North Idaho has become stormy cold. Really, it is often warmer when it rains ... why is that? My van isn't insulated and those raindrops can get loud in there.

I've pretty much decided I must bite the bullet and get the cargo trailer. Otherwise my precious possessions (that seem to possess me) will be in the way while I'm trying to fix up my van. I need to insulate, panel, etc. etc. and I need a place to put my bins full of stuff I couldn't let go of... while I'm working on the van.

Weldman said:
Good morning, coffee percolating here getting ready to attempt to move this behemoth with a broken hand so forest service personnel don’t kick me out. They are circling like vultures here now...
Why not ask if there are any van dwelling couples in the area who could help. One can be your driver and the other can follow in their own rig. Reach out to this community you dwell in. It is not just electrons, it is made up of real people.

travelaround said:
Rainy, rainy, rainy - North Idaho has become stormy cold. Really, it is often warmer when it rains ... why is that? My van isn't insulated and those raindrops can get loud in there.

I've pretty much decided I must bite the bullet and get the cargo trailer. Otherwise my precious possessions (that seem to possess me) will be in the way while I'm trying to fix up my van. I need to insulate, panel, etc. etc. and I need a place to put my bins full of stuff I couldn't let go of... while I'm working on the van.
The cargo trailer will be nice to have but there are storerooms around that can be rented short term.

A storeroom is a great option. I'd just need to know what location I want to be tethered to for a while. Right now I'm feeling backed into a corner because of my possessions. I just put more downstairs for whoever wants them, and I'm preparing another load.

maki2 said:
Why not ask if there are any van dwelling couples in the area who could help. One can be your driver and the other can follow in their own rig. Reach out to this community you dwell in. It is not just electrons, it is made up of real people.
Honestly haven't ran into anyone who have or can drive a semi on here. I'm sure there is a couple but then the list of folks in the Olympic Peninsula that can are on here are makes it to close to zilch. I just got the girlfriend to shift for me it worked pretty good, she needs to learn the gears anyways.
Maybe we should start a spot for those with Medium and Heavy duty trucks...

Yay! It makes me happy when my apartment neighbors make off with my stuff after I leave it in the computer room. I saw my wall decor next to my neighbor's door and I know he took the end table I put down there, and another neighbor took my Christmas wrapping paper and the nice doormat. Well... who knows who has what now? I hope they're all enjoying their new free stuff!

Weldman said:
Honestly haven't ran into anyone who have or can drive a semi on here. I'm sure there is a couple but then the list of folks in the Olympic Peninsula that can are on here are makes it to close to zilch. I just got the girlfriend to shift for me it worked pretty good, she needs to learn the gears anyways.
Maybe we should start a spot for those with Medium and Heavy duty trucks...
I had forgotten you have a bigger rig.  There are women truckers out there, good for her to giving it a go to gain that skill. Be sure to get her a roll of Tums. I know I would need them.

maki2 said:
I had forgotten you have a bigger rig.  There are women truckers out there, good for her to giving it a go to gain that skill. Be sure to get her  a roll of Tums. I know I would need them.
You wouldn’t believe the things we do for each other and she gets in what I do as a man would to help get things done. She might not know much as I do cause we haven’t been together not even a year but she is learning and willing to give it a go.

Even helped me skin a deer once.  :thumbsup:

Weldman said:
You wouldn’t believe the things we do for each other and she gets in what I do as a man would to help get things done. She might not know much as I do cause we haven’t been together not even a year but she is learning and willing to give it a go.

Even helped me skin a deer once.  :thumbsup:
You mean she does the stuff that women who travel solo do as a normal thing? :)  Pioneer women and women living on ranches and farms skin animals.  Some of the native american pow wows have skinning and dressing meat contest for the women.

Always handy to know lots of stuff if you are a women. I was raised with that being told to me. My mother was one who thought a college education was more important for women than men. But she also thought my brothers needed to be able to cook, do laundry and mend their clothes.

Good morning from the cool and rainy Pacific NW. We now are out of the drought season.