Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too much on your plate Dean...I hope some of that lessens up. it blows your mind being 'scheduled' all of your days. I go batty when that goes down, I feel ya!

Good morning. Livingstone is still a little too far north for winter. Something down by Corpus Christie or farther south works well. Here in Houston it does get into the 20's and sometimes snows. We had snow year before last (that stuck). I think here we have 6 weeks of fall, 6 weeks of winter and 6 weeks of spring. The rest of the year is summer. Darn, I gotta get out of here.

Not all Texas Bar-B-Que is created equal. There is one of the better ones I've been to within a mile of here.

Sometimes I think the Dr's want us to keep coming back just so they can collect their fees. Hang in there.

B and C are you guys more the thicker red bbq sauces or are you a lot like our NC 'vingear' based sauces. Hubby is a monster vinegar hard sauce fan, omg I run from it LOL

Good morning
off to the beach in a bit
getting my eyes open and feeling a lazy morning but will push thru the heat of it all to go relax by the waves

huh why not? are they too big, ya can't upload them? are ya using the 'attachment' part in the bottom and browse thru your pics and upload them there? don't do quick reply to post, use the new reply button and at the bottom is the attachment pic part. did any of that help ya LOL

Good morning.

Roamer - thick, red and sweet. Sweet Baby Ray's is what I use when I don't make my own. The recipe I have makes several gallons so I don't make it often anymore. The son is talking about getting a smoker so it may get back on the make more list. Texas sauces are sweet, not vinegary. I will eat the vinegary stuff but I don't enjoy it as much. Texas bar-b-que is smoked, not grilled.

Glad you got your bed in Dean. Baby steps to getting on the road (again). You can run your photos through Microsoft Paint (included with windows) to make them smaller or send them to yourself through email and select small size.

Nothing but hot here. Eighty one when I got up with 97% humidity = feels like 97. At least in the drier climates, the sweat evaporates, here it just soaks your clothes. Heat index this afternoon about 111. Dang, I need me some mountains.

Dean when ya pull up the pic, right click on that pic and hit edit....you can crop down size, be sure to save smaller size and then ya can upload. hope some of that helps ya :) :)

oh yea sweet baby ray is a staple in our house so if it is that type of bbq sauce then it is a good one for us except hubby always buys the very vinegar based ones he loves.

smoked. long. oh yea....grilling is grilling, bbq is always smoked. the flavor it gives is what makes bbq a real thing :)

we so were on getting a smoker but time never allowed us to while working full time jobs and the full time farm....now we are more retired I would rather buy the good bbq and let someone else put in the time waiting on it LOL at the end of a 16-18 hr day working no one would even want to tackle a smoker and just getting it off was too much work :)

waves are great....few hrs boogie boarding and soaking in wonderful sun and back to rv to eat....near 1 and no food yet, hubby ate, kid just woke up and I haven't eaten so I want a few sausage patties nuked and gonna eat leftover steak and cheese and mushrooms....slathered with a bit of mayo...oh heck yea then back to beach

love vacay so much, cheers

oh yea I hear ya and the thought of a grill being a true bbq smoker is just horrible LOL :)

I guess grilling can be bbq of course but REAL BBQ is a smoked situation to me.....fanatic on that one I guess HA

grilled or BBQ, I will happily consume either one.... Just don't call me late for dinner and don't try to beat me to the head of the line :)

so agree Maki....finger licking good, never call me late for that meal :)

Dean, key for you is cook your own. Salt is only controlled in good form by the original cooker person :) you order out you never know what the heck ya get!! You buy organic meats NOT sodium injected etc. and control your own sauces and rubs, then ya got good control over that salt lick situation. Hey you can become the low salt BBQ KING ya know :)

here at the beach by the day use area over the weekend a huge group came in and party's and they towed a big azz real smoker with them.....wow. the had the wood chute on the side the set that thing up at like 5 am and thru the whole damn state park it smelled so damn good the whole day, made hubby's mouth water! Know that is people who know how to eat well!!!

GM, have a fine day all. Off to boogie board some waves.