Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of Dean and Buster, it sure is cold in Missouri today!

Not nearly as bad in Seattle, I just checked and the outside temperture is 52 degrees. Unfortunately the inside temperature in the upstairs area of the workshop space is only 55 degrees. I guess that means I need to do some physical labor to stay warm...???

Good morning! Highs this week in the mid 70's and lows in the 50's for comfortable sleeping, southern AZ. No heater? No problem. Getting my walking miles in, and  a little lite work on the van garage stowing tools that have escaped containment.    -crofter

As I have been back into sorting out things for sale and things to donate I woke up this morning thinking of just what is it I want to hang onto. For myself it is not just about the pots and pans, clothing. I do make things for sale, design new things and have a few bucket list of small things I would like to make. It takes tools for that work. So then I have to make decisions about my bucket list for activities that are sensible given limited space and limits on how much weight my vehicle can handle.

My tools are very good friends, I don't enjoy parting with them.

Good evening from southern AZ! It just started raining here can you believe it.  -crofter

Good Morning, from Scaddan Wash, Quartzsite!
Been camped next to a bunch of folks that just ain't right since Friday...I  fit right in. :D
Decent weather, a few sprinkles this morning. Ridden my ebike some but wanted to get my tires slimed for puncture resistance first.

Attachments

• 20200117_175339_resize_14.jpg
    20200117_175339_resize_14.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200117_115032_resize_89.jpg
    20200117_115032_resize_89.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200118_093358_resize_93.jpg
    20200118_093358_resize_93.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 10
MaTaLa said:
Good Morning, from Scaddan Wash, Quartzsite!
Been camped next to a bunch of folks that just ain't right since Friday...I  fit right in. :D
Decent weather, a few sprinkles this morning. Ridden my ebike some but wanted to get my tires slimed for puncture resistance first.
looks like fun. I think if I wanted to ride a bike offroad fairly often then a set of foam filled bike tires would be a worthwhile investment. Better than pushing a heavy bike back to the campsite when the flat happened miles away. They will slow down your speed a bit so not a perfect solution but on those areas with narly roads, sharp rocks and big thorns and pothole that can break a bead at the rim they make sense.

sooooo gloooomy today, I want to be outside sitting in the sun down by the RTR with everyone else. Feeling sorry for myself today. Guess I just need to get busy doing stuff I need to be doing instead of thinking about the weather.

@maki2
I've looked into the foam tire applications but don't think I have from my size yet, 20"×4"
Would love to have something like that.

I've read that the Radmini, at least, has a 'walk along setting to assist the rider if they're having to push it. Hope I never need to use it. :D

It was overcast all day yesterday but we had a beautiful sunset and the stars did come out about 8 or 9

Attachments

• 20200121_175350_resize_9.jpg
    20200121_175350_resize_9.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200121_175338_resize_72.jpg
    20200121_175338_resize_72.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 5
I did a little googling and it seems that slime (or the other one, stans?) is the only alternative at this point in time. That 20x4 tire size is not standard.

The Rad ebike company used to be walking distance from where I am doing my build. But last year they moved further further east about 2 miles. So still a neighborhood business but I have not dropped into their new location. E-bikes are too heavy for me to haul around otherwise I would be very tempted to get one.

My workshop partner rode an e-bike to our first meeting about 17 years ago. But I don't think it is functional now.
Mostly he rides around on a Strida folding bike for neighborhood errands or a Cat Trike for long bike trail rides. It keeps him fit and healthy at 77 years old.

Another awesome day at RTR, yes we are slaving away building community and roasting marshmallows by the fire.   -crofter

crofter said:
Another awesome day at RTR, yes we are slaving away building community and roasting marshmallows by the fire.   -crofter
just hope no one is having to work on a chain gang to pull out people who get stuck in sand or mud.

Awesome morning sunny and 54 degrees but it will warm up!  Afternoons in the 70's degrees that is. On to RTR I'm sure we are having another talk about solar sometime soon. Got my HOWA tshirt on.  -crofter

As always these days, nothing happening here.

Queen, your brain will work it out pretty soon. I love not needing glasses.

Forties in the mornings and high sixties in the afternoon. It appears this is going to be a mild winter here.

TFTD: If you always do what you alway did, you will always get what you always got.

Internet is shut down here during the day, so I'm posting good morning at night. Turns out that solar is on Sunday and Saturday we had the RTR Talent show. Some amazing talent in this group. Also a great afternoon of show and tell rigs. Some really impressive back porches and the new lite solar setups. About 70 degrees with  breeze in the afternoon, and now we have 57 degrees and a million stars in Quartzite area.  -crofter

Got the majority of the items I want to sell sorted out and put onto a couple of shelves. Next step is to do a photography session, create a file folder for each item the photos and with the wording I want to put in the ad and figure out the appropriate price to ask.

It is quite a process to get a whole bunch of things ready for sale. I have been procrastinating it but at least the sorting is pretty much done now.

Weather report is one word.....Seattle

Hello to everyone. Getting a bit chiller this week in grey Seattle. But I will be working inside on my build. Fortunately I have access to shore power so electric heat for a nice cozy work day.

So what to expect in February for weather across the country.... This posting by the weather channel might help you with deciding where to roam and stay this next month. It has all kinds of weather maps for temperatures both high and low and also where things like tornadoes are most likely to happen in Feb.
https://weather.com/safety/winter/n...what-to-look-for-warmer-daylight-snow-tornado

Good evening. A chilly night here, enjoying a bowl of turkey vegetable soup. It is one of those 5 weeks between social security check months. The perfect time to use up one of the two bags of leftover thanksgiving turkey leg and wing I put in the freezer. Enough tasty soup for several more meals this week and still another leg and wing in the freezer for another go around towards the end of the month. Plus two thighs that I might turn into turkey pot pies :)

Still feeling thankful 2 months after the big T-day event :)

Where are all the good morning people? Come back!!

Just got internet hooked up in my not-so-mobile home.

Still sleeping in van. Nice to have a chance to clean it out a bit.