Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Dean and Buster, we're getting snow and 10F here this week, how are you?

Whatever it is we must adjust. All is well. I am parking next to the post office. It is flat. It is between the store and coffee place. I have a heater when I turn on the van. I have blankets the rest of the time.

Clerk at the store asked me what I'll do when the temperature goes lower. I mumbled something about my daughter coming to live here. But didn't mention that will not make me want to stay in her house.

I like my van bed and van privacy and van independence. I may go to her house for an occasional shower but that is it. If it gets colder I'll layer on more clothes. Blankets. Whatever it takes.

Right now I'm sitting in the driver's seat with a towel across my lap and the Hotlogic Mini inside that, keeping me warm. Since I've been sitting here there's been a couple more inches of snow. I'm getting to the point where I don't care about the cold. Just another day of vanlife.

Happy Thanksgiving, Dean and Buster!

Warmer here this morning in advance of the weather. Hope everyone finds something to be thankful for today!

Happy Thanksgiving ... this town has a community Thanksgiving dinner... everyone invited. I slept next to the river last night.. near the rapids. The van is much warmer now with insulation nearly done. Can't wait to be able to do the curtains.. but that is up the snowy hill. Maybe I'll go back there to work on them on Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving, Dean and Buster! (and everyone else). Snow here today.

Happy Thanksgiving Dean (where are you?) and everyone else. Sixty nine degrees and cloudy. Hopefully no snow at all this year. We had some a couple of years ago.

Sunny but very brisk in Seattle, Puget Sound is a bit rough from a small amount of wind. Currently 44 degrees but the wind chill makes it feel a little colder. I had a free turkey so I roasted it starting late yesterday afternoon. Surprisingly I could fit a 13lb turkey into my countertop convection oven. I am still at the workshop so I have plenty of electricity for the oven. But not a lot of heat in the workshop space which is why I cooked it here in the late evening, that way either the heat was free or the energy to cook the turkey was free.

My workshop partner love open faced turkey sandwiches with sides of mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. So that is what I served for our Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. It was indeed a fine tasting meal.

He brought desert, cherry turnovers from a fantastic Danish style bakery that is in the neighborhood. I am providing the deluxe vanilla ice cream. If you ever come through Seattle be sure to stop at Larsen's https://www.larsensbakery.com/

I won't be taking the whole day off. I will stream in some movies and turn on my cutting machine and package up some of the kits I make for sale. Inventory is getting low on the most popular items and I still have 2 busy months of sales left. Not sure why but January is always just about as busy as December, something I give thanks for as I still have a few things to buy such as a cell phone antenna/amplifier.

Good morning. In food hangover mode this morning. I couldn't even finish a glass of wine after eating.

B and C said:
 food hangover mode this morning. 
Is that what it's called. Technically 32 degrees here in western OR. But cold enough to freeze up water lines, and my project for today will be thawing them out once it warms up.   
   -crofter

Got everything thawed and working by dumping boiling water on it slowly. If you use my method, be careful of burns. Only one fitting broke & replaced. Good excuse to go to Home Depot on Black Friday.     -crofter

Good morning... done with boondocking roadside for a while. I'm staying at a rental space with a nice shower available. This last week since the snowstorm has been difficult and cold with no heater. I will be able to get electricity here. A friend from church showed me this space after the community Thanksgiving dinner. My daughter is leaving Idaho today and should be here soon.

Wow! Great to have electricity and a hot shower, don't get too used to it though, you'll end up with a travel trailer and hookups. LOL!!! A van is so easy when you travel in warm areas but not so much when it is cold outside. Hope all goes well!

Cold in Seattle this week, below freezing at night. I got out my electric mattress pad because the cold has my arthritis flaring up in my joints. I am not crippled by arthritis, it just makes me slow, clumsy and achy in colder weather plus I don't sleep good with the mild aches and pains. It was good to wake up pain free with some flexibility back for working on projects. Yesterday I was all fumble fingers while trying to work on small stuff with my hands and I could hardly bend down to pick things up off the floor or low shelves. I needed more energy and more strength for finishing the build.

If I can find a parking space today I might stop in at the National Nordic Heritage Museum when I go out to run errands . It opened in a new building last year and I have not yet been for a visit. The gift shop is a fun visit at Christmas time with all of the small traditional Christmas Ornaments. They held a special Nordic themed craft sellers festival the other week. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Nordic_Museum

Good morning. Fifty nine when I got up with clear skies. Glad the muggy (99% humidity) is gone. No rain yesterday either.

Have a great day everyone!

Well watching the snow totals for Flagstaff. They did manage to get Interstate 40 and 89A back open but will take a few days to get the secondary roads passable. Another storm is due Wednesday but we won't travel until later this month. Snow seems a little early this year but with the temps still getting above freezing during the day roads should clear up but may have to use that 4 wheel drive, just don't want to follow a snow plow like years past!

Morning is a state of mind. I went to a women's Bibble study this morning at the old log church.. then to senior lunch. Don't let anyone tell you there's no free lunch.. because I get them frequently. Yesterday I walked to the top of the snowbound hill to raid my cargo trailer which is currently parked there. I retrieved my propane heater and burner for heating water... forgot matches, but my buddy heater worked perfectly this morning. Happy me.

Be careful and make sure you have plenty of ventilation, wet shoes and clothes make for lots of condensation!