Good luck

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingZombies

Reaction score
We are yet home again, we tried using a backpacking tent to travel but it it turns out we're not able to sleep in tent due to physical limitations and it affected us so much that we couldn't even sleep in our truck seats after bad experience with tent so we have come to the conclusion that our dreams of traveling the country and seeing amazing things has unfortunately come to an end. 
We plan to only go on day trips and are wishing everyone who is able to live the dream best of luck 8n your adventures.
It was nice talking to you all and if you're able to fulfill your dreams to do so before it's too late.
Thanks to all you who gave us advice and made us feel welcome and we'll miss you all.
Good luck and farewell.

We tent camped and yes as you get older it starts to wear on you. I searched and searched and searched and found a cheap Nissan Motorhome. Rums great but needs some attention here and there. Much more comfortable. I understand cheap to me may be all the money in the world to someone else ($3000).

No need to wander off, there are solutions to every problem. Maybe a small trailer or larger tent will work for you. We also found we had to change things up as we aged, welcome to the club! Lol!!!

what Camm said :)

There are options easily if you want this lifestyle and more road adventure.....just wiggly it all around and make it work for you :) Personal call on it and all, but if you desire it enough, us types always find the way!!! Wishing you the best!!

Isn't a backpack tent really small? If so, perhaps you just need a larger tent and a couple of cots to be comfortable.

Yes, backpacking tents are for kids (usually)... but you have a truck so why not a 8 person tent with screen room and comfortable cots? I could go for that. Or a nice little travel trailer? Anyhow, we all make our decisions based upon what's best for us. Traveling isn't the easiest thing I've done.

bullfrog said:
No need to wander off, there are solutions to every problem. Maybe a small trailer or larger tent will work for you. We also found we had to change things up as we aged, welcome to the club! Lol!!!
definitely a bigger tent may help? we found a 6 person 4 season tent and we can walk in upright and stand with no problem. that with our Coleman cots (the kind with springs and mattress) we sleep pretty good. now the thing is a booger to put up, and doing that many times would be burdensome, it could be an option for ya'll? good luck whatever you do!
ps, yes definitely lose the backpacking tent unless you are actually backpacking...

What txmnjim said. I'm 6'1" and backpacked with a backpacking tent.

Nowadays, yeah, it would only be as a last resort, and I need shuteye to continue functioning.