GIRLS' ROOM: What do you do for an address ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeNeedaChange

Reaction score
Hello Sisters. I am new here. I now live in a house, but hubby just retired and we are looking for a new life. If we were to go full-time and sell the house, what would we use for an address. I think one needs one for a bank account and taxes, yes? What do you do about that? Thank you.

..and driver's license and insurance...

Hi. I also still have a house and an address. I used to use my POB physical address as a privacy issue on my DL but it appears the patriot act has now determined "non residential addresses" and will kick it back next renewal?

There are a few options...one being finding a state that has an RV "park" that will forward your mail... another I think is those mail forwarding/local box rentals that will give you their physical address. I'm not well versed on this area at all and need info for myself soon. I suspect that if the Patriot Act isn't changed, those addresses might not work either soon?

I do have 2 friends that have offered me their address to use, but one really needs to prove (sometimes with 2 proofs) name on utility bill etc.

There's something weird about South Dakota I think... if you "promise" to live there when you stop RVing????

Hopefully we'll get some complete and ongoing answers in your thread. Welcome!

oh here's a link to the forum that might have more info: https://vanlivingforum.com/Forum-Communication-Cell-Internet-Mail-Delivery

One way to actually FIND OUT how to use a relative's or friend's home address is to ASK the US Post Office in that town.

"Hi! I've moved in with my sister on Main Street. How can I get that as my legal address for important documents? She pays the utility bills, and I pay her half of the cost in cash."

Due to an issue with the post office here that can't seem to deliver my mail properly I had to get a box at the UPS Store. They asked me for 2 pieces of something that would prove I live here; drivers license and something like a utility bill in my name with the address on it.

There are also mail forwarding companies in a few states you could try but some will require a receipt of some kind from a motel or RV park to prove you spent the night there.

I know this is an old thread - I've enjoyed the convenience of UPS Stores. They give you their STREET address with a UNIT number, similar to apartment address. You also have the convenience of having them forward to other UPS stores nearest you if you are moving around at a cost. Check out other franchise postal places (GOIN' POSTAL comes to mind) they sometimes provide similar service.

I used them when I lived in New Jersey temporarily and didn't want to change my permanent address which I maintain in NC at a relatives home. Just a suggestion!

Just be mindful of large and frequent package delivery and read the contract. I follow Novell Kulture on YT and they had to up their monthly cost to a business address because they were receiving so many large frequent packages.

FWIW