Geneology

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one thing i think is funny is in my extended u.s. tree there are people predating my paternal and are listed as coming from Germany in the 1600's.Germany didnt exist till the 1800's,not sure if they would of called themselves prussian or something else

CityWoman said:
 Irish, English, and German on his mother's side. 

I bet there are stories behind that, since those three countries ....um.... tended not to get along all that well. 

;)

Who am I ?

My family has done the family tree for generations past and thought we knew who we were...........Six months after my mother died (at 86) it was revealed that she was actually adopted..........."grandma" lost a child to mumps.....found she could no longer have children and adopted Mom from Catholic Charities........It seems all the "family" members knew about it but swore to keep it a secret......Sealed records.......WHAT ?

I have no descendents but would still like to KNOW.......My Family Tree has a Stump.............

I plan to at least do the DNA test in the future............Secrets !

doug

lenny flank said:
I think I saw that movie.........

;)

That is why they left.  The whole family scattered.  I have cousins in Palermo.

People on both sides just need to keep an open mind. It's silly to me to argue one way or the other about how we all got here since nobody knows for sure. If more and more facts are gathered, or somehow it is revealed to us, someday we might know. Probably after all of us here on this forum are long gone.

abnorm said:
I plan to at least do the DNA test in the future............Secrets !

doug

We've done the DNA hoping to break down some brick walls in our tree! It's been great fun finding cousins all over the world from all walks of life!! Do it!!

ok I deleted a bunch of posts here for being off topic, bickering, and for quoting the off topic stuff. I am not going to PM everybody like I usually do. I have stuff to do and don't have the time right now. keep it civil and on topic. highdesertranger

I must be on another world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks HDR. Let's talk geneology but limit discussions to post 1000 AD only.

actually,this thread was started after i posted in the russian thread that i would like to travel across russia to n.w. europe where it all started and was hit with the out of africa soo...

i have had i dont know how many post deleted and have never got a p.m. and no need to send one,i simply dont care enough about it,doesnt bug me at all

Latest posts