• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free(ish) mechanic work at the RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenverDMax

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just wanted to offer my mechanic services to anyone in need at the RTR and possibly after. I will be coming to the RTR with my 2 friends, one of which is a mechanic like myself and the other is an carpenter/plumber. We are good natured folks and would be more than willing to help anyone in need! If anyone is needing something simple done I would be happy to do it in trade for a meal or a cold beer. I know it can be pricey having to take the rig in for something as simple as a brake job, ball joint, or wheel bearing, which is something I can easily do in a couple of hours. I am looking to make new friends and help out the community during those 2 weeks, so let me know if you need something done and I will message you my number!

I will be arriving in Quartzsite 2 days before the RTR and leaving the 19th. If anyone is planning to head towards Louisiana after the RTR I would love to help out on my route as well!

Cheers,
JJ

Free is good but it's important to note that BLM rules preclude anyone from offering their services for payment on BLM land without first obtaining a permit. The permit application is somewhat onerous, liable to be turned down, (and in any case too late to apply for it this year anyways IIRC).

Just a warning so that no one runs afoul of the rules!

What happens between two friends doesn't count as long as no one is loud about it... :)

Latest posts