Ford Stealth Van - long term plan

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked my mechanic what a whole new engine would cost from JASPER ENGINES. He mentions $7000 when all was done. That's worst case if you bought a ford van and you had to replace it. Jasper has almost a no question asked warranty policy on up to 200,000 miles. Most others make you prove too much.

offroad said:
Hope that is not because everyone fell in love with the old "Chevy van" song. Lol.

Hey! I used to resemble that remark. :p My first big cross country adventure was a few years before that song came out though. Still love the song. :) It probably was probably partially responsible for my long-buried van dreams. I even had a couple custom paint jobs in mind for the outside other than the rainbows I joke about in here.

Going by the Ford trucks and cars that have passed through my life I'd lean toward Chevy. The Fords were Found on Road Dead frequently. *sigh*

found on road dead, failed on race day. f***edup overhauled rebuilt dodge. boy I had to put a lot of stars in that one word. highdesertranger

Every mfg has pros and cons. Google! Evey GM vehicle I have owned, (except for one) has had transmission problems.
I still buy GM because the v8's seem bullet proof. Which ever brand you buy, you are buying into a paticular design flaw.

Toyota and Honda even had some trouble in the 90's and with headgaskets and transmissions.

highdesertranger said:
found on road dead, failed on race day. f***edup overhauled rebuilt dodge. boy I had to put a lot of stars in that one word. highdesertranger

Haha! No car Mopar go far... Found Off Road, Ditched...

First On Race Day
Freakin Outrageous Ride, Dude.

Clutch Hangs Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time
Poor Old Nutjob Thinks It's A Cadillac

Mostly Old Parts And Rust
Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly
Dumps Oil Dumps Gas Everywhere

Fix It Again Tony
F*** Italians Attempt Transportation

Ok, back to the thread...

You Missed
Fine On Race Day LOL

As much as I like our Dodge 3500 Maxi-Window Van .
When it is time to move on , I will most likely get a Ford E-350 , ( For the ease of a 4 x 4 Conversion ) , install a True-Trac Limited Slip for winter driving here in New England , and off road travel at the mining claim in Az .
Then as soon as the funds allow .
Install one of Chris's 4 X 4 Bolt On Conversions from U-Joint Off Road in Nc. http://ujointoffroad.com/home.html

Bob

Bandit2 -- if I had the money would love to so that. Am sure MPG is no concern.