fold up Loo

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simran

Reaction score
Anybody got one of those collapsible loo's they sell &amp; WallyWorld? They stand on tree legs when in use and the legs fold so the thing is only 5" high when stored! Supports 300lbs. I guess; so must be relatively sturdy.<br>I'm intrigued but was wondering if anyone has one and could give a thumbs up or down on the thing.<br>It takes up a lot less room than the home made one I have now.<br><br>Here is a <a target="_blank" href="http://sportsimportsltd.com/fold-to-go-collapsible-portable-toilet.html">LINK</a><br><br>This one is hi priced. The one @ WM is less than 30.00 I believe.<br><br>gus<br><br>

You might be able to find a video about one of these on Youtube. Lots of manufacturers have started to put demo videos up and other folks will give their reviews.

Haha! When I got my little thetford at walmart (didn't like it, traded for a kitty litter bucket) I asked my youngest to unpack it from the box. I heard this really loud "eeewww" from the living room. Seems the box said reassuringly that each unit was individually tested before leaving the factory :)

i use a 5 gallon bucket which cost $4. It can also be used for multiple things. You can use it as a trash can, and just pull the trash sack out to use it as a toilet, or use it for dirty laundry and just pull the sack out when you want to use it as a toilet. Of course i double line it when I use it as a toilet and take it out immeadeatly. If you leave the feces in the bucket, the bucket will start to smell even through the two garbage sack liners.<br><br>To make it more comfortable you can buy a cheap toilet seat and screw scrap wood around where it sits on the bucket so it stays in place. I&nbsp; bought pipe insulation and duct taped it to the top of my 5 gallon bucket to make it more comfortable. Worked great.&nbsp; Bob <br>

I already have a wooden boxwith a bucket inside and a rim on top. But it seems to take up a lot of room.<br>Maybe I should pitch the wooden box &amp; use the bucket like Bob said; for a laundry&nbsp; bucket or something like that. <br><br>This thing was in the van when I got it; it does take up room and is cumbersome to move around when it's under the bed.<br><br>Giving the bucket more than one job is a thrifty use of space; I like it.<br><br>Thanks, Bob<br>

<P>
twokniveskatie said:
Haha! When I got my little thetford at walmart (didn't like it, traded for a kitty litter bucket) I asked my youngest to unpack it from the box. I heard this really loud "eeewww" from the living room. Seems the box said reassuringly that each unit was individually tested before leaving the factory :)
</P><br>Katie,<br>I've got one of those Thedford toilets too. I found it, still in the packaging &amp; plastic, on a junk pile a couple years ago. I still have not attempted to use it. Might give it to the wife to plant flowers in or something.<br><br>gus<br>

Before double lining the 5 gallon bucket with trash bags.....put in a thing of baking soda in the bottom.....<br><br>The stick up ones that are used for odor control in refridgerators.....<br><br>Also a little bit of regular dollar store charcoal will absorb the odor.....<br><br>Then throw it out after a month or so.....<br><br>Burn the charcoal on a campfire or dispose of in trash.....I would not recommend cooking with.....<br><br><br>

<p>I use a Reliance-Foldup in my van.&nbsp; As a women traveling alone I like to stay inside the van at night.&nbsp; This product is very sturdy, lives up to what they claim, and folds for easy storage during the day.&nbsp; Love it.</p>

<p>5 gallon bucket works best for me.&nbsp; I line it with 2 plastic grocery sacks, each with a little kitty litter to absorbe wetness and odor. Inside the top bag, I place an icecream pail for urine to keep solids and liquids seperated. Men won't need the icecream pail but it sure makes it easy&nbsp;for a woman.&nbsp; I empty the icecream pail often and only&nbsp;bag up the grocery sacks after BM.&nbsp; Never have odors in the cabin.&nbsp;Cheap, easy, and clean.</p>

My sister and I used one of the folding plastic toilets when kayak camping.&nbsp; We'd put a Wag Bag in it when in camp and then decide who got to carry the loo and who had to carry the Wag Bag on their kayak.&nbsp; It actually works very well [it wasn't that brand but came from CampMor, I think].&nbsp; If you have access to a sewer and water, a Port-a-Potty is better, of course. <br>