• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lance Camper on GMC w 400w Solar!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean Selene

Reaction score
This rig is ready for full-time living, but I've been forced by health to upgrade a bit, so this rig is for sale - reduced to $6K - and ready to go.

1995 GMC Sierra C2500
every mechanic says, "this as an exceptional vehicle" and "nothing stands out as needing attention"
8 cylinders, 7.4 liters, 454 cu engine (big)
long-bed, 3/4 ton
front winch hooks
one-year-old AC compressor
new rear seal
new tires on back, good tires on front, chrome rims
one-year-old stereo
electric brake for towing (but hitch gone)
solenoid to separate 1 starting and 2 house batteries
extended cab
solid suspension
tie-down brackets mounted, with turnbuckles and quick-release locks
back-up video camera w/ wired screen
body in excellent condition, worthy of new paint

1999 Lance 815 truck camper
FULLY SELF-CONTAINED
one of the few that can ride on a 3/4 ton truck
1-year old propane furnace
hot water heater
2-burner stove
propane/electric Dometic fridge with freezer
bathroom with sink, shower, and
new Dometic toilet
Fantastic-brand whole-house fan
2 hand-crafted beechwood tables
black-out curtains
queen bed
folding aluminum stairs
400 W photovoltaic system with
charge controller &
2 deep-cycle marine batteries
12-volt power receptacle and USB ports
410-watt AC inverter (for use with external AC power, or with solar briefly); otherwise all 12volt DC
Camper has some dings from tree branches - none leak
Camper also had one “leg”/jack damaged, but reinstalled with sturdy welded corner piece
3 propane tanks

Both vehicles have been well-cared for and are in good to excellent working condition. I’m selling them together because their tie-down system, electrical harness, and back-up video camera are a substantial part of their value. Gas mileage is 10-12 mpg with the camper on and fully loaded; 12-14 with it off. The rig's length is excellent for parking in any parking lot - even on street in historic districts!

History: The truck was owned by a landscaping company, so it was driven responsibly and serviced regularly. At 184,000 miles, it was sold to a family man who bought it to put this small camper on it, but after repairing the front top camper "ding" (which has never leaked), discovered it was too small for his family of 5, so he sold the two to me, and I’ve been happily upgrading everything for 18 months, putting 18,000 miles on it (now 202,500), driving it carefully, and regularly servicing everything.

The only thing the duo lacks is total cosmetic beauty. They’re both in great mechanical shape, and the camper, as its brand reputation would imply, is impressively ergonomically designed and strongly built. Even the truck's chipped paint I've been working to improve with sanding, spraying, and top-coating sections.

I have come to love this rig and am experiencing significant ambivalence about getting rid of something working so well! But I’m 67, small, recently diagnosed with osteoporosis, and don’t think I should be hand-cranking camper legs anymore.

I pass on these wonderful two vehicles with pride - to someone a bit younger or stronger than myself.

The rig is in Tucson.  More photos available.  To see it, please call or text: 575-519-2320.

Attachments

• GMC rig 4w.jpg
    GMC rig 4w.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 35
just asking, but why is the truck and camper in your signature totally different then the one you are trying to sell? highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
just asking,  but why is the truck and camper in your signature totally different then the one you are trying to sell?  highdesertranger
As I said above, I was forced to upgrade, so I now own two rigs.  The one in my profile is my new rig.