• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2016 Ford Transit T250 -- $41000 - SOLD!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vangotransit

Reaction score

[size=x-small]If I could choose one word to describe my camper build, it would be capacity, whether being the 500 amp hours of LiFePO4 batteries, the 38 gallons of fresh water, or seating arrangements capable of seating 5 adults; this van was built with capacity in mind. It has a 6900lb capacity towing setup with both 7 blade and 4 pin trailer light connections. 200 watt hours of solar through a MPPT charge controller, a 100 amp hour and 10 amp hour shore power charger, as well as a automatic transfer switch for the refrigerator and inverter and a 60 amp hour smart battery to battery charger from sterling power top off the first class electrical system. Yes, that is correct, you have three separate ways to charge the battery pack: alternator, solar and shore power. The sleeping situation includes a full size 8 inch memory foam mattress mounted transversely providing 6 feet of bunk space for two adults, while minimizing the used floor space. I have a child size bunk mattress for the front seat and we easily were able to fit a pack and play crib in the middle of the van. Don't forget the bed is raised, providing a ton of storage underneath for camping equipment for friends and family joining you. The roof is equipped with the 4 bar, factory Ford roof rack system, this holds both solar panels, as well as providing mounts for storage boxes or even a roof top tent. There is plenty of storage in the floor to ceiling mounted cabinet, as well as a microwave oven that makes meal time a breeze. Speaking of meal time, the 2.2 cubic foot refrigerator with freezer is so much better than even the best yeti cooler. The combination, sink and oven, also has plenty of storage and place host to the refrigerator. There are two 700 watt burners, as well as a portable dual fuel, propane and butane stove. Hidden storage throughout has both secure spaces for important items and convenient storage for anything you need for life on the road. The rear passenger side door, has this great soft organizer, that will allow the storage of everything from socks and clothes to tools and propane bottles. Over the foot of the bed is a great sift removable storage for clothes. Seating options are incredibly flexible for this camper van; It currently is set up with two front bucket seats, the passenger seat is equipped with a rotator and the rear passenger seat is set up for two passengers and includes the much needed anchor mounts for child seats. I also have a front passenger two person bench that bolts in and uses genuine Ford parts for safety and peace of mind. The rear seat, is a DOT rated seat from a mini bus and will fold up against the wall when not in use. The sink is equipped with a hose barb connection allowing a garden hose to be threaded on for cleaning off bikes and muddy hiking shoes or yourself. For thermal comfort, the van is insulated with a minimum of an R13 of insulation, it also has sound deadening on large body panels for a quiet ride. A 6 inch blower on the roof is a compromise between stealth and air circulation and provides a cleaner look than most fantastic fans. With the large battery bank, it is possible for 6 to 8 hours of air conditioning usage, with the enclosed air conditioner. Now that you know it can handle summer, for winter, it is equipped with a 5 gallon diesel fuel cell, fueling a espar 2kw diesel heater, nice and warm and no chance of carbon monoxide like the ubiquitous Mr. Buddy heater. This source of heat, unlike the Mr. Buddy is odor free, and dry heat so it doesn't put water in the atmosphere. The insulation layer of van also includes two vapor barriers, making condensation worries float away. The wood construction was chosen for durability and lightness, The rear windows are 5% tinted and the side front windows have Maryland legal 35% tint.

Nuts and Bolts, mechanical details of the driveline.
Just under 73000 miles on the vehicle.
Meticulously maintained as a fleet vehicle, that was leased to a florist for the first 25,000 miles. 
Since 25,000 miles meticulously maintained by myself.
It has had regular oil changes with only Ford Motorcraft oil and filters.
Rear brakes changed at 50,000 miles, I will also include a Ford Transit brake caliber back off tool.
At about 60,000 miles the recall on the driveshaft was done by Ford.
3.7 liter naturally aspirated V6
6 speed automatic transmission
I chose this van particularly due to the reliability and simplicity of the naturally aspirated v6 gasoline motor. The diesel model suffers from complex emissions equipment and the ecoboost engine is under higher strain with the turbo charge design. The naturally aspirated v6 is full of power, and more importantly, reliability.

I put on new rear tires at about 65,000 miles and have a two spare tires that I could mount before the sale if desired. 

Electrical bits
500aH LiFePO4 battery, 4s5p 100aH prismatic cells, parallel balanced, with 200 aH BMS, and a smart independent charge balancer.

100aH 120volt charger

10aH 120/240 volt charger

60aH Sterling b2b charger

30aH Mppt charger

2 100 watt solar panels

2/0 high current wire

1200 watt AIMS inverter with remote and transfer switch

12/24/120/240 DC/AC compressor fridge 2.2 cu/ft

Pack is protected by fuses and circuit breakers

Plumbing
38 gallon fresh water tank
5 gallon grey water
3 gallon per minute pump with pressure tank

Camping supplies:
Fresh water, food grade hose
Hose with sprayer for cleaning and shower
Propane and butane stove
Folding chairs

Why, you must be asking would I be selling this wonderful ride? Well, my family has been given this great opportunity to live and work overseas for the next 5 years and I can't let my baby stop exploring to wait for us.  

#vanlife
#overlanding
#neverstoptraveling
#Hightop
#FordTransit
#campercoversion
#boondocking
[/size]