• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Truck & Camper for Sale - in Phoenix:

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean Selene

Reaction score
IMG_6304 sm.jpgIMG_6302.jpg
The truck is a 1995 GMC Sierra C2500, 8 cylinder, 7.4 liter, 464 cu engine, long-bed, 3/4 ton truck with hitch receiver in back and winch hooks on front, one-year old AC compressor, new rear seal, new tires on back and good tires on front, one-year old stereo, electric brake for towing, solenoid to separate starting and house batteries.  Extended cab, long-bed, it is 19'10" long.

The camper is a 1999 Lance 815, one of the smallest self-contained campers with queen bed, propane furnace (1 year old), hot water heater, and 2-burner stove; propane/electric Dometic fridge with freezer; bathroom with new Dometic toilet, sink, and shower; Fantastic whole-house fan; 2 beautiful built-in beachwood tables; folding aluminum stairs; and a photovoltaic system with 400 watts of solar panels, charge controller and 2 deep-cycle marine batteries. 

Both vehicles have been well-cared for and are in good to excellent working condition.  I’m selling them together because their tie-down system, electrical connection, and back-up video camera (total $2,400) are a substantial part of their value.  Gas mileage is 8-10 with the camper on; 10-12 with it off.  The camper can sit on the truck with or without the tailgate.  Without the tailgate, the rig is 20' long; with the tailgate on and down, it's about 20'6" - still excellent for parking in any parking lot.

History:  The truck was owned by a landscaping company, so it was driven responsibly and serviced regularly.  At 180,000 miles, it was sold to a family man who treats vehicles well, and bought it to put a small camper on it, but discovered it was too small for his family of 5, so he sold the two to me, and I’ve been happily upgrading everything for 18 months, putting 20,000 miles on it (now 203,000), driving it carefully, and regularly servicing everything.

The only thing the duo lacks is totalcosmetic beauty (and that can have advantages or be changed).  They’re both in great shape, and the camper, as its brand reputation would imply, is impressively ergonomically designed and strongly built.  Even the truck's chipped paint I've been working to improve with sanding, spraying, and top-coating sections.

I have come to love this rig (especially after upgrading and maintaining so much) and am experiencing significant guilt for getting rid of something when it's still working so well!  But I’m 66, small, recently diagnosed with osteoporosis, and don’t think I should be lifting and carrying 40# propane tanks or hand-cranking camper legs anymore.

I pass on these wonderful two vehicles with pride - to someone a big younger and stronger than myself.  Price:  $9,000 for both.

The rig is stored in Phoenix in my brother's garage, which I plan to visit in September.  For more info, please call or text:  575-519-2320.

Attachments

• IMG_6302.jpg
    IMG_6302.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6304 sm.jpg
    IMG_6304 sm.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 12