• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Price Reduced: 2017 Ram Promaster Camper Van, Low Miles | $62,500

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
CUSTOM, PROFESSIONALLY CONVERTED, FEATURE-RICH, ADVENTURE VAN FOR SALE

We are selling this van because we just finished building a new one.  We loved this van so much that we built our new one to be almost exactly the same!  The only reason we built a new one is because we are thinking about starting a van conversion company and wanted to see if we could do one ourselves.  It's hard, rewarding work!  Needless to say, we don't need two vans, so we are selling our original van!

Check out our website for more information!  www.drifterjourney.com
We also have a full video tour on YouTube.  Check it out here:

VEHICLE INFORMATION / UPGRADES
2017 Ram Promaster 2500 159″ WB High Roof
Mileage: 50,200
Sold by Original Owner, Title In Hand
2 Key Fobs
Meticulously maintained: oil change every 5k miles (full synthetic), tires rotated, air filters replaced, brakes checked
All Terrain Tires: Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
Tow Package with 2″ Hitch Receiver
Rear Park assist with Backup Sensors
UConnect 5 Stereo with Bluetooth and Navigation
Stereo Upgrades:
Polk Audio 6.5″ Front Speakers
Polk Audio 6×9 Rear Speakers
JL Audio Subwoofer with LC2i and remote

VAN CONVERSION INFORMATION
Completely Custom, Professionally Built Conversion Van done by Opt Overland, a locally owned van conversion company with a decade of experience building van conversions and overland vehicles
CR Laurence Windows: Driver’s side & Passenger, both operable
Carefree Colorado Automatic Awning with LED lights
Espar Gas Heater
Automatic Bed Lift
Front & Rear LED Light Bars with integrated switches in dash
Custom 80/20 Aluminum Roof Rack
3 100 Watt Renogy Solar Panels
1 200 Amp Hour AGM Battery
Renogy MPPT Charge Controller
T-Max Dual Battery Solenoid (Isolator) and Display
700 Watt Inverter
3 Gallon per Minute Sure-Flo Water Pump
9 Gallon Fresh Water Tank
2 MaxxAir Deluxe Fans with remote (one over kitchenette and one over bed)
LED Lighting in Ceiling with Dimmer Switch
LED Lighting Under Bed in “Garage”
Dometic 2-burner cooktop/sink combo
TF65 DC Truckfridge
Passenger Swivel Seat
Custom 80/20 Aluminum Bed Platform with Electric Bed Lift
2 Custom Slide-out Trays for Garage Storage and Organization, treated with Rhino-liner for durability
Custom-Welded Cabinets & Fixtures throughout for Lightweight & Durable Construction
2 V-Line Safes
Custom Swivel Table

Please DM or text for details:  760-7 eight 3-5 five 76
Thanks,
Jess & Greg
Drifter Journey

What a nice conversion on the extended high top Promaster. I love the welded features, aluminum low profile roof rack, and swing away back porch. 

Your resale price seems high, but when you add up all the features and the lowish miles on the van will be worth it for someone who wants a stealthy turn key van.
-crofter

I’ll take it if you can stand my terms. I’ll give you $10 down and five dollars a month. They no way I could afford a beautiful vehicle like that hope you find someone who does.

crofter said:
What a nice conversion on the extended high top Promaster. I love the welded features, aluminum low profile roof rack, and swing away back porch. 

Your resale price seems high, but when you add up all the features and the lowish miles on the van will be worth it for someone who wants a stealthy turn key van.
-crofter

Thank you, we like the utilitarian practicality of the steel and aluminum.  It has held up on many bumpy dirt roads!  It does seem expensive at first, but there are a lot of premium features that add up for that grand total.  For example, the heater is $1800, the awning is $2000, and the custom roof rack made of 80 20 aluminum is about $2000 in materials alone.  This doesn't include the cost of labor and given that our van required a lot of specialty skills like welding, building a bed lift, and designing something completely custom with non-traditional materials, the price is really fair.  The cost of products and materials along in this van are just over $50k.  Labor rates at most van conversion companies are well over $100/hour.  I am sure whoever buys it will understand how expensive all of this stuff is and why this van is actually pretty reasonably priced given all of its technical features.

tx2sturgis said:
Seems a bit high priced for 'this side of town'...but you never know...there might be a buyer here.
Thanks for the feedback, we're definitely hoping to find the right buyer who sees how much value is really in this van.  I know it doesn't look like a a staged instagram van with a farmhouse sink and a fancy oven, but it is full of technical features that actually cost quite a bit.  See my reply to @crofter for more detail on the costs.  Most people really underestimate how much van builds cost because they assume everything comes from china and is cheap.  In our case, a lot of the items in the build are taken from marine applications, which have been proven to hold up over time but also come at a cost.

nature lover said:
I’ll take it if you can stand my terms. I’ll give you $10 down and five dollars a month. They no way I could afford a beautiful vehicle like that hope you find someone who does.
Thank you, I hope we find someone as well.  I know it is a lot of money, and these newer vans are quite expensive when they're all built out.  We worked really hard and saved up for over 2 years to buy this van and pay for the conversion, so hopefully others can see that it is attainable for anyone with the determination to reach their goals, even if they don't come from a wealthy family. Maybe we'll see you on the road someday!

drifterjourney said:
Thanks for the feedback, we're definitely hoping to find the right buyer who sees how much value is really in this van. 

{snip}

Most people really underestimate how much van builds cost because they assume everything comes from china and is cheap.  In our case, a lot of the items in the build are taken from marine applications, which have been proven to hold up over time but also come at a cost.

My comment was intended more as an observation that most of us here on this forum (CHEAPrvliving) have a more modest budget..not that your rig is overpriced for what it is.

Some of our incomes, for an entire year, are about one-third or one-half the cost of that van....which means it is way past our ability to purchase. 

You might get some serious interest on www.rvnetwork.com or www.rvtrader.com or since there are a lot of deep pockets on those websites.

Good luck with your sale.

tx2sturgis said:
My comment was intended more as an observation that most of us here on this forum (CHEAPrvliving) have a more modest budget..not that your rig is overpriced for what it is.

Some of our incomes, for an entire year, are about one-third or one-half the cost of that van....which means it is way past our ability to purchase. 

You might get some serious interest on www.rvnetwork.com or www.rvtrader.com or since there are a lot of deep pockets on those websites.

Good luck with your sale.

Thank you for the tip on those other websites, I'll definitely check them out!  I'm right there with you on income, ever since we quit our jobs, we spend about $25k a year and wouldn't have it any other way! 

But, again, thanks for the redirect on my listing, sometimes it's hard to find the right audience at first and I appreciate your help!

Many of us here live on way less than $25k a year.

Sure would be cool if you could get some way to do this on credit or barter. There seems to be an endless number of people with formidable skills and knowledge who could even help you on your next build, or even help you staff your expanding company, in exchange/barter/pay for what you would like to sell here.

There are rent-to-own leases people use to buy houses. Ever think of something like that with your van? Work-to-own?

I wonder if you could get one of our many fine technicians to bust the doors out of your incipient company and level you up to profitability ... while slowly working off a debt to buy your very nice van?

Just saying. Not me lol, my skills are kitchen/management. But there are some strong, creative players right here on this board, many of whom could be persuaded to hitch their wagon to you for a while to your mutual benefit.

Camper said:
Many of us here live on way less than $25k a year.

I live on less than half of that and don’t see how I do it. I have a pretty good life and I’m now staying in Sarasota Florida. Those million dollar houses don’t like my 98 van sitting by them. And when people find out I poop into a plastic bag and P in a bottle. they seem to back off. Hey it’s the only way I can travel and I ain’t going to sit in that nursing home one day longer. I’m glad I got out before Covid. But I am distracting from the original purpose of this thread. For those of you who can afford it that type of rig can make a wonderful life.