Florida Gathering

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katie, If you still have some of that thick felt will you bring me about a 6 inch square. I have no idea where to find the thick stuff.<BR><BR>D.Hair

David- sure do. What color do you want? White or brown? 6 inches enough?

Edited to add: its hard to find the real wool stuff. This is alpaca actually. I'll ship it on down to you. Soon as the van is back.

I totally forgot about the new family member Lacey Sue! Mutt will be delighted to make her aquaintence.

Don't you send anything, I want to get my hug as you hand it to me. Any color is fine, I'll just use what ever color you use the least of. Hurry on down now Ya hear. Tell you about Jack when you get here.<BR><BR>D.Hair

Hi all, &nbsp;Sorry it has been a little while. I'v gotten covered up with work, a good thing! and with this seriously hot weather it's been hard to keep up. What is a good time of the year to do this gathering in Florida?, I'm thinking Dec. Jan. Ziggy and I haven't been able to find a site yet, If any of you have any experience in the Ocala, north Florida area, please let us know where a good spot might be. We are not giving up, just will take a little time, Too HOT right now anyway! &nbsp;Duane&nbsp;

Hey Ziggy, I know there are several down there in Flo rida , lol, so, should be able to whomp up a GTG.
Myself and some others are looking at coming down to Ocala to do some camping this winter, not sure when , maybe Jan.? cuzzindick[/b]

Hi ya'll, regarding Florida gtg, there are some of us in the Ga./Tn. area that are talking bout coming down to the Ocala Nat. Forest in maybe Jan., maybe there are some of ya'll that would be interested? cuzzindick

Hi there Cuz, I would be interested, and will help in any way I can. I have been very busy but now have enough saved up to get serious about getting a van. Not sure if the PM is working here yet, feel free to PM me here or at the old site. Thanks, Duane, Signman

Hey cuz, good, thanks for yur reply and interest. As I mentioned, we (about a half dozen of us at this time) are talking some about the forest, no definite plans as of yet, but, will post on this forum more when it is available. We have a member of our van group around Lake City, methinks, that has acreage in the woods that we will be visiting before going to Ocala and probably join us there? Gather up any and all that might be interested and we can get it worked out. Some of our members have boondocked in the forest down there last year and have info for us to peruse. cuzzindick

Hi, living in Bradenton, FL. In process of searching for a van. Very interested, van or no van participating in Florida Gathering.

Hi all -- well, I just chose my screen name, half-serious, and half-joking. Yes, I'm in Florida, and have been here RVing for nearly 6 months. Long story, but I'm trapped here under completely ridiculous circumstances, which I plan to change soon. If you guys plan a get-together, I'm in. I'm not good at planning or leadership, but if you just say where and when, and I'll be there. Unless I pull up stakes and run. Which I think about every day. (just kidding, but not really)

We're planning our first stop in the keys so it wouldn't take much for us to hop on over to the gathering if the dates line up. We're shooting for leaving out of here around the third week of January, but if you guys land on a date I may be able to switch my plans up to make it work.

Hi All, I'm bringing this up so anyone can see it, If your in Florida, or will be in the future, some of us are putting together a Get To Gether GTG, Please let us know if you are interested. Stay tuned here for updates, Duane

I'm interested! Currently in North Central / Gainesville area. :exclamation:

My world is up in the air right now. I'm alone now and don't know what to do with myself but am not sure what I will be able to do as far as going anywhere, so keep me posted. I'm in Pensacola and if anyone thats calm and gentle needs a place to park overnight, let me know. Needs to be very early notice since I don't have internet at home any more. Don't have a good van anymore either but my little blazer is roomy enough for me to camp out of if I get able to go anywhere.

Hi all. Maybe I can make it. As I'm still working at the moment I'm kinda limited to a long weekend or something.

I live on the weekends 13 miles above Bonifay. And work in Tallahassee during the week. So Ocala is a possibility.

hippiechk said:
Early in December?? Opinions?

~Joni~

Will be heading to Florida early in Dec and plan to stay thru Xmas. A GTG would be lots of fun :D

I would like to move eastward by mid-month...written firmly in jello! I would like to start another thread for a simple roll call. "Florida Gathering 2" and have folks give a simple yes or no, because I think its important if you would if you could, and if yes a few choice dates. I can't really co-ordinate but I can help get data happening. If the idea doesn't work for you just don't post and I can kill the thread in a few days.

I'm in. This will be my first. Been searching for my new home & busy downsizing.
Thanks

Latest posts