Estimate of Number of RTR Guests 12/05?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connelly

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. For those of you already in Arizona awaiting the RTR... Did you forget anything important? I mean, something that you're kicking yourself for leaving behind? I forgot extra water bottles!

I’m thinking of just buying a bin for water storage. I have about 10 one gallon water bottles I’m toting around now which gets me about 3 days. I did buy 20 shower tickets in Ehrenberg so will lessen my water consumption some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left a few five gallon jugs behind. But they really take up a LOT of room anyway. I think the shower tickets are a good idea. Thanks

Maggie Flinn said:
I’m thinking of just buying a bin for water storage. I have about 10 one gallon water bottles I’m toting around now which gets me about 3 days. I did buy 20 shower tickets in Ehrenberg so will lessen my water consumption some.

As I remember no one pays attention to who goes in the shower so you could make some extra cash getting into the buddy system shower mode. Same amount of shower water cleans more people or SASWCMP

wagoneer said:
As I remember no one pays attention to who goes in the shower so you could make some extra cash getting into the buddy system shower mode. Same amount of shower water cleans more people or SASWCMP

I got 20 shower tickets for $100. So $5 bucks a shower in Ehrenberg. The lady said I can give tickets to others but no doubling up. They are good enough people trying to keep a small business going. Still gonna shower out here with my 12 volt shower as weather permits. And some days I’m just not up to the chore of prepping it all.

Is water really an issue there? How far is it to the closest town where you can get water?

Heard of spray bottle technique for Washing dishes - really helps with reduction

wanderingfreeman said:
Is water really an issue there? How far is it to the closest town where you can get water?

Water is not an issue...town is only maybe 4 miles max to find unlimited supplies of water to be bought.

If you've an RV with holding tanks you can dump black/grey and fill the fresh water tank at any number of RV parks in town or at a spot that is strictly dump/fill/propane.

You have your choice of deep well, city water or spring water depending on your needs and wants.

Most of us go to town every 5 or 6 days anyways, if for nothing else than to visit one of the markets that abound in Q at that time of year.

While we all need to remember to drink lots of water to prevent dehydration, 10 gallons in 3 days is kind of overdoing it... :D 

Including showers with my solar pump unit, 10 gallons lasts me more like  or 6 days including doing dishes with hot water.

The longer you spend in the desert, the more economical you become with water...well usually! :D

Latest posts