Eat right, get exercise and live long or

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbrat

Reaction score
So someone was talking today about being healthy and eating right and living the good life.

But Richard Simons was a great guy lived right ate right etc..... I liked his show, and it was fun to exercise with him with a friend/neighbor way back in that time era ...
But then again there's Keith Richards and Willie Nelson, both lived hard and did things they aren't supposed to....... And they are both still doing it.
Moral of this is sex, drugs, and music = long life if done right.
Time for some good loud music and a good rum and coke! I think I may be beyond the wild sex pa

(please Don't hit on me to much 'cause yea I know a few folks who have not survived the fentanyl crisis and that is not the part of drugs I'm referring to)

Perhaps you should do a little more research before you write?

Willie quit living that hard on his body lifestyle quite a few years ago except for ingesting some pot. He can’t smoke it. His lungs are damaged from smoking cigarettes so he has to use inhalers and such to breath.
IMG_1737.jpeg

Last edited:
vanbrat, I wish you well with that but many times life happens & turns things upside down. I tell young people to NEVER miss or put off an adventure, have long term disability insurance, only use debt for buying a home & pay it off quick as you're only free if you're debt free , you can learn from everyone what to do & what not to do. ENJOY!

vanbrat, I wish you well with that but many times life happens & turns things upside down. I tell young people to NEVER miss or put off an adventure, have long term disability insurance, only use debt for buying a home & pay it off quick as you're only free if you're debt free , you can learn from everyone what to do & what not to do. ENJOY!
That's the whole point of this is LIVE don't just sample and try to stay totally

Keith Richard’s hopefully did have and still does have a sex life. He has been married to the “love of his life” for more than 40 years. Plus he says he gave up drugs and only occasionally drinks alcoholic beverages.

Willie and Richard. Long may they live happily making music and have contemporaneous fans and musicians to celebrate longevity with!

Last edited:
stay totally what?
Sorry phone rang and I didn't mean to post. The point is to live. stay safe but not just totally to stay safe.

I technically died 30+ years ago. I got back to 99% but I learned tomorrow is not guaranteed.
Willie may not smoke now and Keith may have given up hard drugs and still is married to his wife of 40 years. What the point is, is don't give up living just to be able to stay alive a few yrs longer or to go to your grave in pristine condition. The point is go ahead and eat the dessert and ride the bike down that fun hill and drink that drink (Unless you can't) call out to friends both new and old. Want to hug someone, do it (unless they don't want it) and I am so glad the people that have taken the chance and gone for the wild crazy life have done it. Where would we be if the Willie Nelsons and Keith Richards of this world stayed home and only did their jobs. I liked watching and exercising to Richard Simons but even he lived his life to the max. If they had my house work would have been much more boring and I would not have danced through it nearly as much
I wish I was out and about more but right now we are again looking at cancer and no, not me hubby who has never done drugs or drank to much or done much of anything crazy except live with me. We both don't mind hard work and have worked hard all our lives. We got Keith beat by 8 yrs we just celebrated 48th anniversary.

So now off I go to a job that can be very hard, but also one that I really love. Can't imagine working at a regular job that may have paid more.....

A thing I have learned is that staying in the LTVA at Quartzsite, hiking every day, sleeping good, and eating good is a very healthy life style. I feel healthier there than when spending most of the time in our sticks and bricks home.

Neither Keith or Willie were ever overweight and as others have noted the d & a left their lives long ago and much depends, too, on one’s genetic definition.

OP has cherry picked 2 entertainers but there are thousands of entertainers who didn’t live a healthy lifestyle who died relatively young because of it - shit diet, overweight, d & a etc.

And that’s not to count among them millions of unknown peeps who were everyday joey & jane

Everywhere I go - all the beaches I travel to & from; I have countless young people approach me and say, “ John u r the koolest old dude we’ve ever met! What do we gotta do to be like you when we’re ur age !?

My message is the same:
Proper diet, nutrition & exercise; don’t do drugs or smoke anything and never stop loving the beach.

Life’s simple
jonny boi livin the dream

Neither Keith or Willie were ever overweight and as others have noted the d & a left their lives long ago and much depends, too, on one’s genetic definition.

OP has cherry picked 2 entertainers but there are thousands of entertainers who didn’t live a healthy lifestyle who died relatively young because of it - shit diet, overweight, d & a etc.

And that’s not to count among them millions of unknown peeps who were everyday joey & jane

Everywhere I go - all the beaches I travel to & from; I have countless young people approach me and say, “ John u r the koolest old dude we’ve ever met! What do we gotta do to be like you when we’re ur age !?

My message is the same:
Proper diet, nutrition & exercise; don’t do drugs or smoke anything and never stop loving the beach.

Life’s simple
jonny boi livin the dream
And get checked regularly for cancer!

'All those health nuts are gonna feel really silly, going around dying of nothing' George Carlin (as near as I can remember it)

Depending on your age the top 2 causes of death are Heart issues or cancer. More cancer now than ever before. My entire life they claim they can't cure Cancer or solve the American drug problem. What's the 3rd leading cause of death? Going to the hospital. I have a friend who's a Chiropractor in Coloma who drove himself to Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo telling them he was having a heart attack. The said he wasn't & to go home. It was about 1 AM in the morning, he asked what time the head of the heart dept gets in, they said 6AM so he waits for hours. When checked by the dept head they prepped & rushed him into surgery.
I've always had the worst luck with hospitals & doctors.

Last edited:
So yep I. OP cherry picked 2 people. Just saying yes eat right, but don't forget to eat what is yummy, get exercise, but don't forget to move in the way that brings you joy. Do the things you need to do to be able to do the things you want to do. But don't forget to do the things you want to do. And I know we have lost to many great people to bad drugs and bad lifestyles and that is not what I am saying. Be careful of what you do when you do "stuff" but don't stop living just because.... Oh and right now hubby is undergoing treatment for skin cancer, like you have earlier this spring, so wear your hats and sunscreen if you spend to much time on the beach and how much time is to much time? Well, I think anything over 23&1/2 hours a day 365 days a year is to much time on the beach.
I know to many folks who spend all their lives doing just the right thing and watching every detail of everything to be safe and super healthy so much so that they forget to live, and hey we are all going to go at sometime so don't waste it

AND THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH not just in Murahka but all across the planet…….
(drum roll, please)

Life.
I know, profound. If ur not alive you won’t die
(let this concept sink in a lil; its deeper than most want to swim)

INTJohn