Eastern Nomads Connect

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob and Suzanne (spelling ?) are having a meeting in North Fla on the 22nd for volunteers to help with East Coast Caravans. This is not a GTG in the normal sense but a working / organizing meeting for HOWA. If interested in working with them email HOWA to see if you can be included. I am still planning to get there but as it is coming to the last minute things are looking "ify". I hope I can still be of some help even if I miss the meeting but I will know better by Tuesday.

nature lover said:
Bob and Suzanne (spelling ?) are having a meeting in North Fla on the 22nd for volunteers to help with East Coast Caravans.  This is not a GTG in the normal sense but a working / organizing meeting for HOWA.  

I believe Bob has a copyright on the RTR (rubber tramp rendezvous), the get together (GTG) has been used by Cuzzen Dyck for years for his SE GTGs (roving winter in Florida, spring in Alabama & fall in Tennessee).

nature lover said:
Bob and Suzanne (spelling ?) are having a meeting in North Fla on the 22nd for volunteers to help with East Coast Caravans.  This is not a GTG in the normal sense but a working / organizing meeting for HOWA.  

I believe Bob has a copyright on the RTR (rubber tramp rendezvous).  The get together (GTG) has been used by Cuzzen Dyck for years for his SE GTGs (roving winter in Florida, spring in Alabama & fall in Tennessee).

hello Becida - I used the gtg in a general sense for a get together - I thought that was one of the abbreviations the people used on the forum for any get together and not a specific event or group. I did not mean to step on toes - sorry if I did. The meeting I was referring to was is a HOWA event. I will be more careful with abbreviations. Again sorry.

I think the term get together is in the public domain. I know I have used it for years as in family get together or let's get together., etc. I doubt very seriously if it could be copyrighted.

Another east coaster, checking in! I'm in NH. Still fixing and configuring my van. Haven't set out on any road trips yet, but planning to this summer.

As for something like Google Groups, ever since Yahoo Groups imploded a lot of those groups have switched to Groups.io. It works pretty well. I'm a member of several groups that have made the switch and own one myself. Obviously it's possible to just set up a new group there as well, without transferring from Yahoo or anywhere else.

Two tiny house fests coming up ( both include vans )
tampa fairgrounds 3 14 and 3 15 
Pinellas Park 3 28 and 3 29

Go to florida tiny home fest

Well? I keep hearing about caravans in To but that's all? Anybody getting together in Fl. Count me interested! HoboJoe

I was not able to get there - crap! But they did meet. I heard Bob say (on his live fed) that they had a good meeting. Other than that I know nothing. I will ask bob via email.

hello - I got an email from Suanne today about East Coast caravans. I have been trying to post it here but I am having problems after several tries. Basically there are people working on it and more info will follow - the virus might effect caravans, we will see.

It appears it’s affecting most entertainment that has a crowd... the cancellation alerts have been blowing up my phone like crazy.

Unfortunately it may be best to spread out for a while and hang out from a distance. Anyone can already be infected without symptoms... unknowingly infecting others.

Just read in an interview... in Asian countries ...wearing a mask is considered to be common sense but moreover common curtesy. Not wearing one is foolish and inconsiderate.

Frankly it makes sense to me. I’m wearing a bandana when I have to go to the grocery store. It’s pollen season and people are sneezing and coughing. I’m one of them. If I have it and don’t know it... I have to do my part in protecting others as well as myself.