"Driving To The West With An RV"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across this movie on Amazon Prime. It's a travelog by an RVr named Robert Morales who has a small Kia pulling a small Winnebago trailer. On this trip he takes off from Florida and drives all the way across I-10 to Oceanside, California. Along the way he stops at various places of interest, including El Paso, Tombstone, Quartzite, Parker, Niland, Slab City, Bombay Beach, Mount Palomar, and others. https://www.amazon.com/Driving-West...?keywords=driving+west&qid=1556205735&s=insta

What makes it such familiar and comfortable viewing is that it's the road and all these places as seen through his windshield. It makes you feel as if you're driving there yourself. When he stops he fires up his drone and gives us a bird's-eye view of wherever he is, including a lot of footage of Scadden Wash and the LTVA and other BLM land around Quartzite and Parker. It's really well done and well-edited, and Robert seems like a good guy to travel with. I watched the whole three hours in one sitting.

He filmed this in late January 2018 and he made it to Quartzite in time for the Big Tent, but just slightly too late for the RTR, which he mentions in his tour of the area. He mostly boondocks all the way except for a few places where he drops his trailer in an RV park so he can tour the area with just his car. 

Great fun to watch, sez me.

Johnny

Hey thanks, MotorVation,

I hadn't gotten the YouTube link because I watched the movie on Amazon. I'm glad to see Robert made it to the 2019 RTR -- looks like he had a good time. I like his attitude and enjoy his laid-back videos.

I should have figured he was a Youtuber -- Duh! Anyway, good for him. :)

Johnny

Some people have anxiety about driving off into unknown parts of the country, so it's good they can watch something like that.