Door math?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArtW said:
Oh BTW, since we're being so absurd as to include the hood, you forgot the doghouse :D

Don't forget the little door over the gas cap ;)

mayble said:
Don't forget the little door over the gas cap ;)

Yes, it's technical name in the paint and body business is called "Fuel Door."

Are we counting all the interior compartment doors too? That could really add some variety to the numbers. :p

anewbiewannabe said:
Are we counting all the interior compartment doors too?  That could really add some variety to the numbers. :p

We could. :D 
Let's see, we've got the glove box door, the center console door, the spare tire door, the ash tray door..................

Apparently, Ford and GM are both still thinking.  And I've been thinking.  Rather than email them again to say, "Hey, what happened to my question?", I think I'll just let it go on for a while.  The story will only get better if it turns out that their collective brain trust can't answer a door count question in six months.

Vagabound

Kind of reminds me of the Three Stooges. I think it was Curly that once said; "I try to think, but nothing happens!"

Vagabound said:
No, not at all.  I was referring to the "I will continue to count ..." part.  It just struck me as very serious and formal, like I will strive on, persevere, overcome .... (music crescendo, etc).  Just my failed attempt at humor.  Carry on!

If I ever get actual replies from Ford or GM, I'll post them here.  Should be some good entertainment. ;-)

Vagabound

Ah, just doing my 'stuffy english butler routine' lol

Ballenxj said:
We could. :D 
Let's see, we've got the glove box door, the center console door, the spare tire door, the ash tray door..................

for sale, one Ford E250 Club Wagon
PS, PB, PW, PL, CC, ABS, 250 doors

ahhhhhhh, 250 doors, really. do valves count as doors, they open and close. highdesertranger

Ford and Chevy are probably studying this thread, scratching their heads, and don't have a clue what the answer is, because they don't even understand the question.

Ballenxj said:
Kind of reminds me of the Three Stooges. I think it was Curly that once said; "I try to think, but nothing happens!"

When I read that I was laughing so hard.  Kicked off a spurt of Three Stooges clip watching on YouTube.  Loved them as a kid.

HDR:  I was hoping the thread died. lol.

Say it ain't so!

On the other hand, I thought the Three Stooges were silly ... until I read the last page or two of this thread.  Yikes.

Vagabound

From Wikipedia...they know everything.

"Hatchback and estate or station wagon bodies are sold as 'three-door' or 'five-door' models. In these cases, the rear hatch is classified as a door; this is because it enters the passenger compartment. With other vehicles such as saloons or sedans and coupés, the boot lid is not counted as a door by definition because it is for a separate storage compartment - these cars are sold as 'two-door' or 'four-door'. This system is mainly used in Europe, and is less common in North America. In Europe, the American-style labelling is occasionally used.[citation needed]

Usually in North America, cars are only sold as "two-door" or "four-door" models. This American-style labelling only includes the passengers' and driver's doors, and not hatches on hatchbacks and station wagons. This has led to many not understanding that hatches are counted as doors in Europe, whilst the lids to sealed trunks aren't."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_door

And what's going on with the guy's boots again?? ;-)

Vagabound

Latest posts