Dodge towing mirrors

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugin Munin

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has tried putting the towing mirrors from a Dodge pickup (the folding type) onto a Dodge van. I've been researching it and have found nothing to suggest if this is even possible. I've looked at images online, but it doesn't show them well enough to see if it's feasible. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Check on both Amazon and RockAuto.com. You can input your vehicle make/model/year and it will tell you if a certain part will fit it or not.

try to find a pick up to compare in person. The years will have to be the same to think about using the folding type. Rock auto are very good folks.

I guess we are taking factory mirrors here? some pics would be nice. highdesertranger

LEE Revell, I've done a lot of looking on Amazon, but I hadn't tried RockAuto as yet. I'll be sure to check them out.

ccbreder, I think I'm going to have to do what you suggest. They don't appear to be listed as cross-compatible, but if I can get the base trim to cover and match up, I can probably adapt the mounting holes underneath. I may have to manufacture an adapter plate, but it's doable.

highdesertranger, yes I'm referring to stock Dodge mirrors. The vans only came with a standard side mirror, while the Dodge trucks were available with a factory towing mirror. I had these on a truck I used to own, and they were far and away the best mirrors I've ever had for towing a large trailer. I just wanted to know if anyone had ever tried this. If not, I'll look into it on my own and post the results when I find something out.

here's a tip, go to a junk yard that specializes in trucks. ask them if they will fit, they might even have some but at the very least they would know about the fitment. highdesertranger

Call a Dodge dealership and talk to the parts dept. If anyone would know it would be them.

I just installed a pair of these mirrors recently on my Cummins. Best mirrors I've ever had on a vehicle. Electric adjustment, heated. Pretty darn nice!

highdesertranger said:
here's a tip, go to a junk yard that specializes in trucks. ask them if they will fit, they might even have some but at the very least they would know about the fitment. highdesertranger

The book junk yards use is called a 'Hollander Interchange Manual'. Some libraries will have them.

-- Spiff

Those are all great suggestions. I'm currently working 7 days a week, so it may take me a while to try them all, but I'm definitely going to give them a shot. My gut instinct is that they're going to tell me that they don't cross over, but I want to be sure of that before I decide whether to follow this idea any further down the rabbit hole. Thanks again for all the ideas.

that's the way to do it, find out for sure before you spend any money. highdesertranger