Did you make bad choices? What’s your story?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JuanKnucklehead said:
,,,,My biggest problem is I have to base out of Oklahoma for a min of 4 more years & oklahoma is NOT van friendly...
Why do you say OK not van friendly? I have seen camp host jobs there in the listings so there must be camping there. Or is it more in some areas than others?
-crofter

I have absolutley considered that & I am all game (esp since i prefer a sober (in general) environment) 
My only 3 questions are.
1) I have a van/tent. I dont have a problem with this, But I assume you need a trailer (something with bath/shower so you arent using the pubic use area) My x wife (we are still very good friends & co-parent well together) brought this up as a idea, But nowhere can i find if this is a issue or not??  I can do the homeless thing in the city, But stepping off in a van, into the camping/backwoods/boondocking thing?? I am as "Green as anyone else"  You know, I remember being homeless and dreaming of the day I could have just a broke down car to sleep in, seemed like paradise, Well It is better than sleeping on the streets, BUT a whole set of rules I never considered.

2) I am kinda a Ogre that gets along very well with others, But when stupid people start doing stupid stuff (here we go again)  I tend to see my way out when it is none of my business (i can become a ghost real fast)  While I am generally a very nice person, sometimes i just dont have any tact,  and then what was just "stupid shit",  is now "supersized stupid shit" ,,,,,Hence "Ogre"  there is a reason for it  (which leads to #3)

3) People in public places, stupid crap happening and then (no way to say it nice, tact juan, lol) The SOUL FREEZING!!!! Someone (esp a kiddo) points and says "that man over there did................" (y'all know where im going with this)  All because you asked someone to turn their music down,,,,,,This really terrifies me,,I did not make it to 53 only to be sitting at a picnic table drinking a cup of coffee and someone points and says "that guy over there" 
I am old & kids kinda freak me out, I mean yeah they are great, when they are over there somewhere else, I like my kids and love them, But even my 2 get on my nerves (alot),,,I can just see it. Sitting there slurping coffee, reading a book and little Billy and sister wanna come yabbering  "Get away from me kid",,,,, "MAMA,,THAT MAN OVER THERE!!!!!"  30min later i am floating face down in the river & 8 people are in handcuffs.
But truthfully, In general, I am not very good with strangers coming up and just talking with me, After 30sec I am like "please go away, please go away,,ok got it, please go away" 

4) There is a 4, I just cant remember it

But yes,,Since Okla is 99% private property (well not that much) But TONS of Camping.  Camp Host is deff a thought, Just a thought that causes other thoughts & is really pretty terrifying.

You need to get you one of those Yosemite Sam t shirts front and back! Lol!!! I’m one of the few that like the idea of social distancing! Join the YMCA use their facilities, some even have a common area or a health club.

Juan, you don’t need to camp near anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was referring to being a camp host  and dealing with crazy ass tourist/weekenders that think rules are for everybody but them, I am just not very good at dealing with those situations because I tend to cut through the BS, lay it out and say "take it or hit the bricks" and then next thing you know, i am the one in trouble for telling a guest to piss off,,lololololol....i can see it now,,,lololololol.    Of course my description above is over the top, but then you dont know my track record dealing with people in general either, its why i am a loner,,,I would love to camp host, and if possible I do see it happening in my future for sure,,,but yes with my "no tact even when i try to be tactful" dumb ass & the general public's stupidity,,Yeah, its a slippery slope for sure,