Denver CO

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrayCat

Reaction score
For practical reasons we are looking for a Campground in the Denver area.
We need something for about 14-16 days for our class A
Everything I am finding online is either booked in May or expensive or does not look appealing.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Sadly, that is how the Denver Area is. The only place I ever find available is further North (about 30 minutes outside of Denver); the St Vrain State Park (right off the interstate) which is somewhere in the range of $26 per day, and the Boulder County Fairgrounds (in Longmont, CO) which is also about $25 a night with water and power. Longmont is about 40 minutes outside of Denver.

State parks are your best bet in that area as all the RV parks are full with long-term residents.

The other place I have stayed at is the Moose lodge in Longmont. You can always become a Moose member and stay there (20A power only, a hose nearby)

Thank you so much Van Tramp! Neither of these were on our radar yet.
The Fairgrounds does not accept reservations.
Do you have any experience how busy it may be?
Is it hard to get a spot?

There are the two state parks, Cherry creek and Chatfield on the east and west ends of the metro area. The flying saucer west of town and Barr lake RV park out north of the airport. There are likely more but I never camped in town.

You are welcome.

The fairgrounds are rarely ever near capacity. The only times they are is when there is a dog or horse show happening that weekend. So, just check the fairgrounds' calendar to see that. I have used it the past two years when visiting my son in Longmont for his birthday month (May) and it has been easy to get in.

Thank you both.
We were a bit concerned, because we will need 16 days and the State parks seem to enforce the 14 day max.
I hope we'll get away with that at the fairgrounds if they are not super busy. It looks like a good solution for what we need.

It will feel odd to be in the middle of town after all this boondocking out in the sticks, LOL!

There's also camping at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds near Golden