Air Bag Simulator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedortondad

Reaction score
This may not be the right place for this, so feel free to move it somewhere else if need be.

My name is Alex Dorton, and I have 3 boys that race motocross. We don't live in our van, but I bought a 2013 Chevy Express 3500 15 passenger to make into our motovan after years of doing the pick-up truck and the trailer thing.

I gutted the interior of my van a few months ago, I took out the passenger curtain airbags to allow for more room to build more, insulate, etc. I bought a simulator to still allow functioning front air bags, but recently realized when I threw away the airbags, I also threw away the wiring that connected the airbags to the connector that's behind the pillar/cover beside each front seat. 🤦‍♂️ I've spent 2 days searching online to see if I can find the wiring that I threw away to replace it and still be able to plug up my simulator resistors without any luck. Has anyone screwed up like this before that might have found a solution, or am I just making this way harder than it really is?

Thanks in advance for any help.

eBay is another good place to search for automotive parts. Lots of pickers-for-profit and junk yard owners list the easy to ship parts such as wiring harnes sections on eBay.

The only thing I've found on ebay is a whole curtain airbag, so they are really expensive, although you can see they still have the wire I need attached. lol.

I've thought about the junkyard idea, although I know I'll have to go take the ceiling down and the plastic pilar cover off. Hopefully I can find a junkyard that is laid back and I can halfway destroy some of those pieces so that I'm not there for an hour for a little 3ft long wire. lol

Thank you both.

The only thing I've found on ebay is a whole curtain airbag, so they are really expensive, although you can see they still have the wire I need attached. lol.

I've thought about the junkyard idea, although I know I'll have to go take the ceiling down and the plastic pilar cover off. Hopefully I can find a junkyard that is laid back and I can halfway destroy some of those pieces so that I'm not there for an hour for a little 3ft long wire. lol

Thank you both.
Might try searching here: https://car-part.com/

Edit: that website is a database that junk yards use. The search results will be junk yards. You can sort them by distance.