D&D and Astronomy RTR 2018

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star_Trails

Reaction score
I'll be bringing a small telescope and some stuff for Dungeons and Dragons and Firefly tabletop games. If anyone wants to join me for some stargazing or dice slinging, let me know!

I can teach you all the things if you want to learn either activity.

I'm definitely interested in learning D&D! Never tried it, but I've always wanted to. I haven't had my telescope set up in forever, so count me in for stargazing too.

What area are you in? I'm rolling in late Friday night, but maybe Saturday night I could check out your telescope? I've done a fair amount of star gazing (naked eye) recently, and have been getting the itch for a better view!

i used to play d&d in my grandmothers cabin where she lived. it was so long ago but the cabin really made the same take on a great atmosphere. no water, no electricity, etc. not a huge cabin one large king or queen sized bed in the downstairs and a sleeping loft up (no cushions for the loft). we'd get about 4-6 in there wouldn't be tight but not a huge amount of room either. would use oil lamps for lighting just kinda cast a nice combo of light and shadows to enhance the game. a small word burning stove which we used during the winter, first time we used it i melted my dice. this was the 2nd edition we played which is also the edition i have tons of books for.

oh i so miss playing d&d, recently bought a 3d printing in the hopes of printing out stuff for it but atlas so far thast not come to pass too much stuff in the way.

My brother plays D&D every Sunday. I'd be down to hang out and stargaze etc. I'm in the music section tonight. Might move around throughout the event. Who knows.

I'm down the music section (maroon road) near the mindfulness camp in a navy Jeep Liberty.

Jk... maroon road has been blocked off. You can still get to me via the normal music road.

Oh, man.... just when I'd already been sad about missing this one... GAH!!!!

For a guy who works in I.T., I sure miss the ol' pencil and dice. It's all about imagination, rather than pixelation.

Had the scope out in music-side mindfulness camp. Was viewing Andromeda, Albireo, Perseus Double Cluster, and Orion Nebula. Tonight I'm going for Crab Nebula, Veil Nebula, M37, and M15.

Star_Trails said:
Had the scope out in music-side mindfulness camp. Was viewing Andromeda, Albireo, Perseus Double Cluster, and Orion Nebula. Tonight I'm going for Crab Nebula, Veil Nebula, M37, and M15.

Thanks for sharing the enhanced view. I really enjoyed it.

The directions to the Mindfulness Camp are horrible. I've looked three times. Twice in a white F-150 (ended up deep in the gravel beyond any campsites) and again on foot this morning. The whole right, left, right thing doesn't work on three-way forks. Can anyone give directions using notable vehicles? I'm not familiar with celebrity YouTubers. Or would it be possible to post pictures? There's no shortage of older class C's.

Latest posts