Covid vaccine.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cammalu

Reaction score
I didn’t know where to put this. Anyway here goes. I was able to get on a waiting list to be vaccinated in Parker. Any of you in the quartzsite, Parker, or nearby area might want to try it.

I’m 61 and do have medical issues. I can’t remember if they asked me but I think I told them I was here for at least 6 months of the year.

The number to the Parker Clinic is 928-256-4109.

Looks like Arizona is beginning to vaccinate rural areas by having “events” but many have been canceled due to weather delayed deliveries of the vaccine.

I get my first shot in a bit more than 12 hours, at 3:45 am at the stadium in Glendale.  I'm feeling very blessed to be getting it.

Maybe what they really want to know is if you are going to be around for the 2nd shot. That is because the federal rule requires them to reserve a 2nd shot for people out of their currently very limited vaccine supply

bullfrog said:
Looks like Arizona is beginning to vaccinate rural areas by having “events” but many have been canceled due to weather delayed deliveries of the vaccine.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on one in Cochise County.

Here in Western New York, there is no vaccine available. It is available on the other side of the state, and we have friends who are traveling all the way from Buffalo to Syracuse and even Albany and Utica for their shots. Erie County is opening signups on the 24th, but it will be a few weeks before we could even get the first shot. We are planning on leaving here on the 7th. Do you think we are wise to stay put here until we get the vaccine, or go ahead with plans to head off to AZ anyway? My son and his family live just outside of Phoenix now. Not sure if this would help us in any way to get the vaccine. We have been very careful with social distancing and I am a high risk heart patient.

I’m going to call Phoenix tomorrow and see if I can get on a list there. Maybe that will be faster than Parker or the VA

Katt I think it’s a toss of the dice as far as getting the vaccine. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to call and get on the list. You can always cancel if you want.

i am scheduled for next Saturday in Central FL...took ages to get an online appointment here.

It kills me when people talk about traveling to get a shot. My wife and I will most likely twice as there are two shots have to spend a couple hours on a small plane then drive maybe up to two hours to get our shots depending on whether we get them in Utah or Arizona and where National Park Service essential employees have been scheduled. Otherwise I will drive 452 miles round trip twice as there are two shots to the VA hospital in Grand Junction Colorado and most likely spend the night each time as it is just too dangerous to drive on open range at night. Yes I would really like to be vaccinated! Lol!!!

Maybe you could get travel pay from the NPS?

55 cents a mile would be $497.

That would soften the blow a little.

Nope since the recreation area is so large they cheap out and give $20 back country pay per day if you spend hours filling out forms, and I do mean forms as if the forms aren’t on the proper color paper and sent to the correct corresponding offices which are now working virtually at home one of which is in Maine, you don’t get paid. I’m old and have found my life is better without the additional hassles. Like I said I really want to get vaccinated! Lol!!!

Cammalu said:
I didn’t know where to put this. Anyway here goes.  I was able to get on a waiting list to be vaccinated in Parker. Any of you in the quartzsite, Parker, or nearby area might want to try it.

I’m 61 and do have medical issues. I can’t remember if they asked me but I think I told them I was here for at least 6 months of the year.

The number to the Parker Clinic is 928-256-4109.

I just called, and got on the waiting list. they start calling people when they get a new supply of vaccine. She said most likely I will  get the first dose around the third week in March, the second 20 days later. But they don't schedule until they know they have the vaccine, so the date is an estimate.

So last night we almost signed up to drive 300 miles one way to Potsdam, as that and Plattsburgh were the only two places with vaccines available. Both of those places are college towns up near the Canadian border, to the extreme NE of the state.

We waited until this morning and finally New York has more vaccine available on this side of the state. We were able to get appointments for both of us for Saturday in a town only about an hour away. We're getting the J&J vaccine.

Yay only one shot for you!

Congrats to everyone who has managed to get vaccinated. It's a good feeling.
-crofter

I got my first shot of Moderna today and will get my second shot on April Fools day, I’m not sure how I feel about that! Lol!!! I do feel like maybe if I catch it now I have a good chance of surviving.

I received an alert that AZ is now vaccinating adults 55 years and up, as well as adults with medical conditions "in certain counties" sorry I do not know which counties. 

Some people have reported that in-state residence is a requirement: and we were asked for our drivers license at the shot clinic- proof of age and state of residence at the Health Department.

I have also heard of non residents getting their shots no problem in AZ. YMMV.
-crofter

I got an appointment this week for first shot in Parker AZ on March 11. La Paz county residents only. Since I first saw the invitation on the county health website they have amended to include age 55 and older.

I’m on my way to get my first shot now! Hubby got his two days ago. Phoenix.

Latest posts