Colorado gtg July?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting us dock the Prairie Schooner for a bit!  We made it to Salt Lake city (stopped in Moab and did the arches)  in time for the Saturday farmers market (one of the cities we wanted to check out for our business)!  Was great to meet a few of you even though it rained and we didn't get to hang out properly.  Anyone planning to travel northwest let us know.  We're off to Idaho and Montana to fish and boondock around the tetons and yellowstone. Then over to Washington and Oregon!  Hit me up with a pm! 
Erik

Just got back from a weekend up at the GTG. It was great to get to know a few I've only known via the forum. We had really good weather on Saturday so along with a little work on 7wander's van we were able to get lots of visiting time in and also eyeballing each others rigs. I would have liked to spend more time, but unfortunately I'm still a slave to earning a living for just a few more years.

I just returned from the gathering; this was my first RV dweller gathering and was a super pleasant surprise! I made new friends, learned a lot from others, and masterplumber helped me work on my step van (I'm doing a video of my time there for those interested). I would really like to do this again and hope to cross paths again with those I met there.

The Colorado get together has been quite enjoyable. For informational purposes, I have found 3 water sources in the area:

(1) The Western Motel & Rv Park in Fairplay. They quoted me $3 for 20 gallons.

(2) McGrath Memorial Park in Bailey, behind Bailey Propane. There is a faucet outside the  restroom, reachable with a hose about 25 ft long.

(3) Staunton State Park, north of 285, near Conifer. The group picnic pavilion has a pump, but it is about 20 yards from the road. And the park may charge a $7 day fee to enter. I don't know if they would charge you just to enter for water, as the ranger was  not at the entrance pay station when I visited.

Vagabundo said:
I'm headed that direction this afternoon, Anyone still there?

Yes, about 8 of us are here now. More folks are always welcome.

We watched Seven's video last night, and I wish we could have made it when we were out there!

Looks like like such FUN!!!!!

Just wanted to say that I had an excellent time meeting everyone that came out. This was my first time being around so many like minded individuals and seeing other van/trailer builds in person. Certainly have added some big and small items to my wishlist.

Huge shoutout to Jim for helping wrap my head around solar and house batteries and for using his jaws of life crimper. Also want to thank Scott for giving mr an all access pass to his scrap box of cables, connectors etc.

Much love to everyone else I met who provided companionship and interesting conversation to such a busy and stressful two weeks /s

Until we meet again, safe travels and party on!

Hey Cory, it was good to meet you, even if I couldn't stay long. Hopefully I'll see you down the road sometime.

Hi campers, 
I'm down on Dillon Reservoir in Frisco, CO.
Was thinking of coming by Friday or Saturday.  Are there folks still around?
Steve A

decatria said:
Hi campers, 
I'm down on Dillon Reservoir in Frisco, CO.
Was thinking of coming by Friday or Saturday.  Are there folks still around?
Steve A

Hi Steve  A,
There are 3 of us still here at this fine site. You are welcome to join us. If you arrive tomorrow, we are planning to have potluck lunch  barbecue around 1:00 o'clock or so.

Thanks, will come on Saturday. This is the site 1 mile from the cow grate on the left?

Anyone still out there? If so, could someone pls direct the bLEEps to you?
We are currently in Longmont and would love to join the party.
bLEEp

Hey bLEEPs

From Longmont take I 25 south to 76. Take 76 west to I 70. I 70 west to C 470 E. Take C 470 to 285 S towards Fairplay. Take 285 to Jefferson and turn left on 77/ Tarryall rd. Go 8.1 miles on 77 and turn lrft on 39. Follow 39 in and we are on the left one mile after you cross the cattle guard coming into the forest. I will mark the post at our drive so that you can see it.

bleepIMG_20170731_163904IMG_20170731_163904.jpg

Attachments

• bleepIMG_20170731_163904IMG_20170731_163904.jpg
    bleepIMG_20170731_163904IMG_20170731_163904.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts