Christmas ideas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hey there, I am in the process of building out my van. My adult kids are already asking me for Christmas ideas for them.
Anyone have any ideas that I can suggest to my kids for items for my van that don’t cost over say $30?
Thx!

This depends on how many kids- if there is a larger ticket item that you really need, how about asking them to pool their money for it?

This depends on how many kids- if there is a larger ticket item that you really need, how about asking them to pool their money for it?
Thanks. I have three young adult kids. All in their 20s, all reasonably broke with everyone that they have to buy gifts for.
So even if they all pooled their moneyI wouldn’t want to ask for more than a $100 item. Great idea though. I’ll give it some more thought

A usb portable powered fan is an essential item and some are around $30.

A tarp, a couple of adjustable height painter’s poles. You are going to need to rig some shade cloth now and again.

A folding camp table and chair each of which can be purchased at Walmart for under $30.

I know that 'gifts show thought and love and all that jazz' but I would ask truly for a gift card. get the card.......you can spend it LATER on your build as you know you need when ya need it :) Load up a $30 or so gift card on like a Visa prepaid card and ask for that and I only say it cause in truth, what you need isn't just guessing ya know........when on the road, you might even need gas and that $30 can come in handy down the line if ya don't buy something else ya will know you need.
So yea I would go gift money card to buy as I truly needed on my van build or hold in wallet til ya hit the road, gas, some good food to grill over a fire for a fine meal or even $30 can pay for a 2 night stay in a campground if ya hit like a COE or lower state park that is only $15 a night :) just a suggestion if it suits ya!!!

stuff is fab to have as we need it for our road trips but in the end, a few $$$ extra on the road can easily handle those charges we all gotta face and it is nice to know we got 'that cash card' in our wallets :) Plus for me, one reason I say this as a suggestion is I am older now, and more a minimalist and I don't 'need much' or just 'stuff' ya know unless it suits me as I require it so a gift card can be that for you. buy what ya need, some nice cash gift to do just that and very appreciated and thought of when ya use it as you see fit ya know. I always ask for money or gift cards cause then, later, when I use them, I think, what a nice treat/present from someone I love and I get what I need when I need it. I know 'that money gift cards etc. seem 'so unpresonal' but to me they are a gift that keeps on giving til I need it and think of the person who gave it to me when I do use it ya know so I find it just 'as loving and thoughtful and wonderful' as something wrapped in a box :) just my personal thoughts on it how it suits my personality on it all LOL

Last edited:
Bungee cords, assorted size pack! They are a colorful looking gift to buy and unwrap and very handy to have.

Last edited: