Chevy 3500 Express Cut-Through

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebraOak

Reaction score
All:

Where is the best place to post my question on a Chevy 3500 Express cut-through, which is considered a box van? https://www.gmfleet.com/chevrolet/express-cutaway-van.html

I have less than 12 months before I hit the road and just discovered this an an option for serious consideration. Depending on what my research reveals, this may throw the RAM Promaster 2500 out of the running! 

Thank you much,
Debra

I'm not an expert on which forum category to use so ask away and a Mod will move to another area if needed.

I have a 3500 Cutaway Box Van myself and would advise checking your state for insuring that type vehicle. Some states will only insure as a commercial vehicle. (he said second-guessing one of the questions).
And my not want to insure at all if it's a DIY conversion. :(

DebraOak said:
All:

Where is the best place to post my question on a Chevy 3500 Express cut-through, which is considered a box van? https://www.gmfleet.com/chevrolet/express-cutaway-van.html

I have less than 12 months before I hit the road and just discovered this an an option for serious consideration. Depending on what my research reveals, this may throw the RAM Promaster 2500 out of the running! 

Thank you much,
Debra
Thank you Matlock. I've got it on my list next week to check with my insurance for sure. I'm planning on moving residences though when I fulltime so will check all of that out too. Since you have cutaway, I'm going to send you a friend request! You may provide advise to someone else that will help me too. I sooooo appreciate it.

Matlock said:
I'm not an expert on which forum category to use so ask away and a Mod will move to another area if needed.

I have a 3500 Cutaway Box Van myself and would advise checking your state for insuring that type vehicle. Some states will only insure as a commercial vehicle. (he said second-guessing one of the questions). 
And my not want to insure at all if it's a DIY conversion. :(

Plus, I'm not nearly at the buying stage yet, but the questioning one. This is my first question so that I can not waste people's valuable time. I am methodical but also hopeful because a box truck cutaway would give me what I wanted when I started looking. I never even knew they were a possibility.

dang 28K for a front wheel drive Fiat. that looks like it was converted with questionable materials. I would pass on that. highdesertranger

IMHO, any time you can get into a GM vehicle and get out of a Diamler/Fiat/Chrysler/Ram product is always a good idea.
Based solely on the many years I drove tow trucks.
The one thing to watch for is the roof, some of the clearish ones that let light in tend to crack easier.