Cheap Honda Generator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't look at the link but really, $85 bucks for a genny I paid $1100 for a Honda 2200i and that was 3 years ago.

Yea, pretty sure there may be an issue.

Don't do it. I fell for it already. I got a refund. It was touch and go because I used American Express through PayPal. It will say it shipped but it will never leave the dock. It's a fake shipping company.

I fell for a cheap inverter last year. I paid with Paypal and after going through the refund process they refunded my money. They put those sites up so fast even Paypal can't keep track of them all

FYI, if you want a "really" free generator don't get the Honda......get the Toyota. You get a "free" generator with every Prius. Plus they've been tested to use less gas per volt than the Honda 2000i.

Those scam websites rely on the gullibility of online shoppers, who want to believe they can get a $1000 item for less than a hundred bucks...

I remember the fake 'auction' websites a few years back... one out of a thousand bidders might get a $500 ipad for $9.99 but everyone else who bids gets nuttin.

Highly profitable for the scammers tho.

Easy come easy go...bye bye retirement bucks....I knew ye well.

If its to good to be true....only one obvious conclusion...it is not true.

Even used a Honda generator is expensive.

Lots of scam ads on FB. I tried 4-5 times for different things and my credit card took care of me. Also lots of scams outside of FB. When you see unrealistic prices in an ad of any kind, run away unless you want to deal with the credit card company.

I answered a ad on Craigslist last week.

The subject of the ad was "Anchor" and the price was given as $20. I bit and the listing was for a 45# CQR anchor!! I emailed and he called the next day suggesting we meet at the West Marine parking lot that would save me 40 miles of driving.

I had a suspicion that he might have meant $200 but the deal went as advertised. When I got home I looked the anchor up on the West Marine site and found the price with tax was 50 cents shy of $1,000.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/lewmar--cqr-anchors--P005_153_002_005

So sometimes too good to be true is true.

Guy

Any chance that anchor was a Chinese copy or possibly stolen? 

Hey...it would look kinda cool tossed over the side of my camper at the YARC camp....whatcha want for it?

:D