Cargo Van Conversion w/ shower

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for sharing this SaltySeaWitch. :) I have been playing around with ideas of how to have a shower and this lady nails it!! Now, I have to rethink the sink! ha!

Gigi

Gigi said:
Thank you for sharing this SaltySeaWitch.  :)   I have been playing around with ideas of how to have a shower and this lady nails it!! Now, I have to rethink the sink!  ha!  

Gigi

You're welcome! That shower is the thing. Brilliant and space saving! I could even do a van instead of a bus now that I have this idea. Shower is high priority for me lol

A hula hoop makes a great shower curtain rod, and can be hung inside or out.

Mine is also my enclosure for my toilet, which I sit on when showering, since I have a low top van.

Then you need something to catch the water in, I use a storage tote, which can be emptied outside.

For water, you have many options, a weed sprayer, a battery powered shower pump, gravity fed, or siphon pump style like mine. I have a siphon bulb right at my shower head, and then another one in the line on the floor, so that I can squeeze it with either a hand, or by foot. One squeeze = One squirt of water, but if you keep squeezing one or the other, you can get a very nice steady stream. Stop pumping, and it will stop as well. It is a great water miser if you need to be frugal with your water usage. I can stretch one gallon of water out to 3 or 4 showers if I'm careful, and I'm still talking about enjoyable showers.

I can't imagine living without my own toilet & shower...