Camping coffee bags

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a big mug and do the pour over using a Bunn filter basket ($17), and the filters that fit it ($16 for 1,000!). Both available on Amazon.

It's nice because the basket will hold a quart. Just dump the water in and come back in a few minutes and it's done.

Someone gave me an Aeropress, but I'm not sure I want to use it. It's so tiny for one thing. Anybody have thoughts on that? Are Aeropresses really that great?
I think it is… use it every morning…
You only use so much water through it.
Once brewed you just add coffee up to level of cup. But I’m also cautious on coffee. (I grind) and don’t let it get stale.
We used them in the back country… and I have mine now in my trailer with a nice organized rack for it.

I have to laugh… I keep my beans in the bag in my freezer… and have a container I grind in I keep in the fridge. And on the bay it says not to refrigerate. I just like my coffee to smell like the first time I open it the same as the last… or is that vise versa.

Guilty. I think I saw and see it as a comment on another way to make coffee. We seem to have many of them. I'm quite fond of being able to prepare everything the night before and just press the button as I get out of bed. By the time I take care of nature's demands, dress and brush my teeth and hair, my coffee is ready. It seems like such a civilized way to rough it.
“Civilized” = convenience. 🤣

Last edited:
A few years back I learned to make a cup of cold brew coffee using the Aero Press. It is very simple put on the filter, place the press on the top of a cup, add the ground coffee, fill the column with cold water and briskly stir for a full two minutes. Then press out the remaining liquid. You can adjust the amount of beans and water for the strength of the brew. Of course you can make it on the strong side if you are going to put it over ice or into a cup with some cold milk with ice for an iced latte. No point to starting with boiling water if you want a cold coffee drink.

Two minutes in the aero press is a lot better than waiting for cold brew coffee methods that take hours of time! Plus only having a very small 12v fridge I do not want to store a batch of cold brew coffee in it.